Marketing (Global Leadership Professional®)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with GBTA Academy.Full disclaimer.
GBTA launched its first ever “immersion” model for Global Leadership Professional® (GLP) program in March 2019. Showcasing award winning academics from renowned universities, this is the only masters-level course for travel professionals. The “immersive” curriculum has been enhanced to integrate meaningful classroom structured learning, combined with experiential, less structured, multi-stakeholder, knowledge-exchange model.
The GLP Program offers a wide range of benefits to participants and their organizations, including:
- Become part of a network of global peers
- Understand advanced business principles
- Interact with renowned faculty members
- Develop team approaches and strategies for solving problems
- Earn recognition for your achievement
Global CEO Program: a Transformational Journey
The Global CEO Program: A Transformational Journey offers chief executives an opportunity to step back from the rapid pace of daily business to reflect on the most pressing issues facing their companies, while engaging with seasoned executives from distinct backgrounds, industries, and cultures.
This strategic management program is led by three top-ranked business schools — IESE Business School, the Wharton School, and the China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) — and participants will attend one-week modules on three continents: Europe, North America, and Asia.
Program Highlights & Benefits
In Global CEO Program: A Transformational Journey, you will:
- Rethink your business vision and management approach as a global leader
- Focus on a specific business challenge faced by your organization
- Identify new insights and perspectives
- Reflect on actions geared to your organization’s needs for greater impact
Experience & Impact
Designed for a truly international learning experience over three non-consecutive weeks, the Global CEO program offers a unique forum for the exchange of ideas among senior executives from diverse backgrounds, industries, and cultures. The program employs a wide array of teaching approaches. For example:
- Expert faculty members guide in-depth discussions and provide highly informed views on global markets.
- Participants engage in interactive discussions, individual learning, case-based learning, peer coaching, role-plays, and group exercises.
- Small- and large-group discussions, team projects, and study groups promote the exchange of ideas and experiences and stimulate fresh thinking.
- Interaction with other highly successful business executives who come from different parts of the world enables participants to formulate new goals and strategies.
- Daily learning logs maximize program benefits and boost effectiveness.
2018–19 Global CEO Program Modules
Module I Asia — China Europe International Business School (CEIBS), Shanghai, China November 11–16, 2018
- Expanding your global footprint
- Negotiating across different cultures
- Structuring your organization through corporate governance policies
Module II North America — The Wharton School, Philadelphia, U.S. March 10–15, 2019
- Developing breakthrough marketing strategies
- Capturing profitable growth through strategic financial decisions
- Identifying and selecting opportunities through innovative processes
- Linking operations to profitability
Module III Europe — IESE Business School, Barcelona, Spain June 3–7, 2019
- Understanding the factors that shape the global landscape
- Defining strategies to take into account cross-border differences
- Designing new business models
Who should attend
Participants are of diverse cultural backgrounds, come from a wide range of industries, and represent the private and public sectors. Participant titles include:
- CEO, COO, and President
- Owners and Principals
- Board Members
The Global CEO Program typically attracts chief decision makers and C-level senior executives with commensurate general management experience in companies with global or regional operations. Participants should be fluent in English for business purposes and willing to share their experiences, viewpoints, and expertise with fellow participants.
This program is ideal for individuals from companies working in areas affected by an uncertain and complex world, such as financial services, telecommunications, health care, and consumer goods, as well as firms impacted by increased pressure from globalized market forces.