Who should attend
Not-for-Profit or public sector marketing team members or experienced marketers new to these sectors. The focus of the course is on effective marketing planning and implementation aligned to an organisations overall goal and strategy.
About the course
This course will show you how to apply marketing concepts and processes to organisations operating in the NFP/public sector. Faced with increasingly scarce resources, a constantly changing environment and increasing levels of media and public scrutiny, NFP organisations today require a coherent framework to help inform their marketing planning and implementation decisions. At a strategy level, priorities need to be agreed and justified, technology applications and decisions made, and key target audiences / stakeholder groups identified. The central role that ethics and social responsibility plays in today’s NFP environment needs to be reflected in the organisations branding and behaviours. Using case studies and best practice examples the workshop will explore the importance of understanding audience motivations to change behaviour, managing brand and proposition development in a NFP / public sector context, how to use the range of different marketing channels including social media, to influence actions /non actions and how to measure effectiveness / results.
- Understand marketing in the context of NFP/public sector
- Understand audience motivations to build engagement and change behaviour
- Utilising data to help identify target audiences and segment your market
- Understand NFP multiple markets and the importance of stakeholder engagement
- Marketing planning processes and tools
- Brand positioning and developing your proposition in an NFP / public sector context
- Developing an integrated marketing mix utilising traditional and digital applications
- Keeping pace with and effectively managing social media
- How to measure effectiveness / results
- Ensuring your NFP / public sector marketing is legal & ethical
Richard is a highly qualified and experienced trainer/ practitioner actively involved in marketing education, training and facilitation for a range of UK and international clients in a variety of business sectors. His main interest lies in improving professional marketing standards, with a partic...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.