Planning and Designing Integrated Marketing Communications
Almost all communications today are "marketing" communications. These messages work best when they are held together with a consistent strategy and style. This course will help you think about, create, manage and evaluate an effective marketing communications program that integrates multiple communication channels.
To get into the "full-immersion" mindset of the course, please complete the pre-work before coming to class.
- Develop communication objectives based on sound techniques to ensure a complete branding strategy
- Write brilliant, clear creative briefs to generate strong media plans and creative
- Recognize what makes each communication vehicle good for some purposes and less good for others
- Adapt your positioning to hit your segmentation and communication targets
- Clearly and consistently communicate the benefits of your brands
- Integrate electronic media with offline channels
- Marketing communication fundamentals: techniques to identify the right target audience for your communication, creating positioning statements, developing segmentation and communication targets and aligning your positioning to communicate with them, consumer behavioural concepts that support great marketing communications
- The Brief: how briefs impact both creative and media, targeting and building a great brief, using target audience personification to gain better communication, completing the unintended target audience section for the best work
- Creative: exercises to get you comfortable thinking about and working with this area of marketing
- Media planning: simulation to let you play with options that build on what you are learning in class
You will engage in hands-on exercises designed to link the ideas you are learning to real-world skills.
Who should attend
Managers in the marketing, public relations or business development field who create or evaluate marketing communications, manage others in those roles, or hope to move into these roles in the future.
In a world in which everyone is a communicator through Facebook and blogs, this course is particularly useful to entrepreneurs or anyone engaged in entrepreneurial activities.