This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Introduction to Marketing Analytics
For both B2B and B2C organizations to become customer centric they need to be laser focused on meeting customer needs. Marketing analytics helps you achieve this focus by giving you enhanced knowledge of your clients, which in turn allows you to develop segmented campaigns and promotions that keep them happy. In this one-day introductory workshop, participants will participate in a real time simulation in which they compete against each other to increase the sales of their products via the use of an analytical dashboard.
The simulation lays the groundwork for a deeper dive into the fundamentals of customer relationship analytics, with specific attention paid to three fundamentals concepts:
- Recognizing the limitation of statistical models
- Understanding the application of different model types
- Evaluating model design given specific data types
Data Insights and Interpretation
The ability to understand and ask the right questions of your data is a powerful competitive advantage, resulting in new income streams, better decision making and improved productivity. This session will demonstrate the concepts, skills and methods to find the key message of the data, and turn it into information, insight and intelligence. Participants will learn how to use the data – whether it’s structured data in Excel, unstructured data in social media, research results presented in reports, slideshows, dashboards, or infographics – to create an interesting, engaging, and impactful business story.
- Learn how to focus on the most important parts of the data and ignore the clutter that confuses information
- Learn the steps to transform data into insight and business intelligence
- Be able to analyze a data set, summarize the key findings and make it presentable to clients or management
We do not collect, analyze, and interpret data just for the sake of doing an exercise. There is no inherent value in the endeavour unless we do something about it. In this module you will learn how to develop successful marketing (go-to-market) strategies by answering three important questions: (1) How should we segment our customers? (2) What value propositions should we develop for each segment? (3) Have we given customers a reason to do business with us and not someone else?
- Recognize that marketing is an analytical process of creating and capturing customer value
- Understand the three principles behind successful customer segmentation
- Learn how to build and communicate a strong brand to differentiate your business in the marketplace
Digital Marketing Analytics
What outcomes do you expect from your website or mobile applications and how do you measure success? Digital analytics helps you answer these questions – using qualitative and quantitative data from your business and your competitors to drive continual improvement of the online experience.
- How to establish business objectives for various types of websites; including affiliate sites, company pages, and search engine links
- Typical user actions that align with marketing funnel pathways
- How website and mobile development and functionality can supportbusiness objectives
- Examples of both “macro” and “micro” conversions – from selling productsand services to helping users research and request information
- What experiences drive the right outcomes by using data that reflectsindividual online behavior
Who should attend
This program has been designed for executives and professionals with diverse needs from any sector or functional area, including managers who:
- Want to learn data analytics tools and techniques and leverage insights from big data to allow their organization to make better business decisions
- Are tasked with implementing, enhancing or expanding the role of analytics in their organization
- Currently work on analytics projects or are involved with a data team, and want to increase their fluency in the domain and their command of its tools and techniques
- Require a data analytics certificate to enhance their skill set
Trust the experts
Biography Mark is a professional leadership consultant and trainer with extensive experience facilitating teams and relating to the psychology of human dynamics in the workplace. He has led major organizational change initiatives for diverse clients including GM, Sears, General Mills, CN, Domtar...
Biography Joe Sherren, President of Ethos Enterprises Inc., is a management effectiveness expert who has spoken to more than 4,000 audiences in over 30 countries in the areas of leadership, team development and group motivation. His corporate experience includes 25 years in senior management pos...
Murat Kristal, PhD, is an associate professor of operations management at Schulich School of Business at York University. He teaches in the areas of business operations strategy, channel management and customer modeling. Dr. Kristal received his PhD from the Kenan-Flagler Business School at Unive...
Biography Following a six-year career in credit analytics and product management at Capital One Canada, Jon joined Google as an Analytical Lead in March 2013. He oversees analytics in Canada across four industries: Travel, Tourism, Government and Energy. Jon is passionate about turning data into...
Ajay K. Sirsi
Biography Ajay is a senior marketing professor at Schulich. His research has won awards internationally. Ajay is the author of three books including: Marketing Led – Sales Driven: How Successful Businesses Use The Power Of Marketing Plans And Sales Execution To Win In The Marketplace and Marketi...
Biography David is the President of DHE Consulting where he leverages over 20 years of experience working with leading organizations across industries, helping guide them to make use of their data assets and providing solution implementation. An experienced lecturer and trainer, David provides a...
Catherine ‘Cat’ Truxillo
Biography Cat is Director, Advanced Analytics Education at SAS Institute, and an award-winning trainer with over 25 years experience consulting and teaching in many industries. She is a vibrant and energetic speaker, and her students say she has a gift for breaking complex topics down to managea...
Zhepeng (Lionel) Li
Zhepeng (Lionel) Li holds a PhD degree, with a specialization in Management Information Systems, minor in Computer Science, from the David Eccles School of Business, University of Utah. He is interested in addressing relevant computational business problems including FinTech, big data, social med...