Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This program has been designed for executives and professionals with diverse needs from any sector or functional area, including managers who:
- Want to learn data analytics tools and techniques and leverage insights from big data to allow their organization to make better business decisions
- Are tasked with implementing, enhancing or expanding the role of analytics in their organization
- Currently work on analytics projects or are involved with a data team, and want to increase their fluency in the domain and their command of its tools and techniques
- Require a data analytics certificate to enhance their skill set
About the course
Introduction to Marketing Analytics
For both B2B and B2C organizations to become customer centric they need to be laser focused on meeting customer needs. Marketing analytics helps you achieve this focus by giving you enhanced knowledge of your clients, which in turn allows you to develop segmented campaigns and promotions that keep them happy. In this one-day introductory workshop, participants will participate in a real time simulation in which they compete against each other to increase the sales of their products via the use of an analytical dashboard.
The simulation lays the groundwork for a deeper dive into the fundamentals of customer relationship analytics, with specific attention paid to three fundamentals concepts:
- Recognizing the limitation of statistical models
- Understanding the application of different model types
- Evaluating model design given specific data types
Data Insights and Interpretation
The ability to understand and ask the right questions of your data is a powerful competitive advantage, resulting in new income streams, better decision making and improved productivity. This session will demonstrate the concepts, skills and methods to find the key message of the data, and turn it into information, insight and intelligence. Participants will learn how to use the data – whether it’s structured data in Excel, unstructured data in social media, research results presented in reports, slideshows, dashboards, or infographics – to create an interesting, engaging, and impactful business story.
- Learn how to focus on the most important parts of the data and ignore the clutter that confuses information
- Learn the steps to transform data into insight and business intelligence
- Be able to analyze a data set, summarize the key findings and make it presentable to clients or management
We do not collect, analyze, and interpret data just for the sake of doing an exercise. There is no inherent value in the endeavour unless we do something about it. In this module you will learn how to develop successful marketing (go-to-market) strategies by answering three important questions: (1) How should we segment our customers? (2) What value propositions should we develop for each segment? (3) Have we given customers a reason to do business with us and not someone else?
- Recognize that marketing is an analytical process of creating and capturing customer value
- Understand the three principles behind successful customer segmentation
- Learn how to build and communicate a strong brand to differentiate your business in the marketplace
Digital Marketing Analytics
What outcomes do you expect from your website or mobile applications and how do you measure success? Digital analytics helps you answer these questions – using qualitative and quantitative data from your business and your competitors to drive continual improvement of the online experience.
- How to establish business objectives for various types of websites; including affiliate sites, company pages, and search engine links
- Typical user actions that align with marketing funnel pathways
- How website and mobile development and functionality can supportbusiness objectives
- Examples of both “macro” and “micro” conversions – from selling productsand services to helping users research and request information
- What experiences drive the right outcomes by using data that reflectsindividual online behavior
Biography Diana Kawarsky specializes in business communications for Schulich’s Executive Education Centre, York University. In addition, she is a facilitator, adult educator, coach and management consultant with Fortune 500 companies throughout North America. Her experience spans nearly 20 years...
Murat Kristal, PhD, is an associate professor of operations management at Schulich School of Business at York University. He teaches in the areas of business operations strategy, channel management and customer modeling. Dr. Kristal received his PhD from the Kenan-Flagler Business School at Unive...
Biography Program Director, Centre of Excellence in Innovation Management, author and founding partner of Mitchell Consulting. Megan is one of Canada’s top innovation practitioners with over 20 years experience in innovation, marketing, sales, HR and leadership. Her passion is leadership effecti...
Biography David is the President of DHE Consulting where he leverages over 20 years of experience working with leading organizations across industries, helping guide them to make use of their data assets and providing solution implementation. An experienced lecturer and trainer, David provides a...
Ikjyot completed his undergraduate education in physics and mathematics at the University of Toronto. Following this, he obtained both his master’s and PhD degrees in mathematical physics from York University specializing in General Relativity and Dynamical systems. Ikjyot developed a passion for...
Dr. George J. Georgopoulos is from London Ontario. He received his undergraduate degree in Economics from the University of Western Ontario, M.A. and PhD in Economics from the University of Toronto, where he is now an Associate Professor of Economics at York University. He is also the Graduate Pr...
Keith is a scale-up adviser and venture builder who advises high-potential, high-scale businesses on their technology, revenue and go-to-market strategies. He is heavily involved in the Canadian tech start-up community, and mentors, consults, and advises out of several incubators and accelerators...
Principle at Design AI Ltd. Advising companies on digital sustainability and unlocking moneyballs. Eugene previously held the position of Executive Vice‐President, Digital Excellence and Technology Advisor, for Canadian Tire Corporation (CTC). Eugene started his career in telecommunications and h...
Hemant Sangwan (PhD-Business, University of Toronto) is a professor of marketing at Seneca College and also affiliated with Master in Business Analytics (MBAN) program and the Schulich Executive Education Centre (SEEC) at Schulich School of Business at York University. His teaching assignments in...