Who should attend
Anyone who wishes to plan, host and execute virtual meetings that will fully engage their audiences.
About the course
Engaging people for peak performance
By now, virtual meetings have become a standard way of doing business and communicating with the people you work with. But many virtual meetings are not as efficient and effective as they could be. Unclear purpose, information overload and lack of participant engagement are all common challenges when conducting meetings online.
This program provides tips and techniques for planning and executing virtual meetings that will engage people for peak performance. Clarify the meeting purpose and keep things focused on what is most important. Optimize platform options by using visual and audio inputs in an energizing way. Make efficient and effective use of meeting time. Encourage full involvement, and ensure that everyone’s voice gets heard.
The program can be taken on its own or as part of the Leading Self and Others in the New Workplace series, a 5-course survival kit of communication and leadership programs for skilling up in changing times.
Online program format
This facilitator-led online program is highly interactive, enabling you to network with peers, brainstorm ideas, tell stories, practice virtual meeting scenarios and engage in small group activities. You will also have access to online tools, templates and checklists for planning and executing virtual meetings.
Benefits for you
- Identify the critical action steps you should take when planning for an efficient and effective virtual meeting
- Resolve technical and other unexpected obstacles when hosting and participating in virtual meetings
- Optimize meeting time by remaining on track, avoiding information overload and providing sufficient breaks
- Overcome blocks to interpersonal communication
- Increase audience engagement and commitment
Module 1: Planning Your Virtual Meeting Efficiently
- Essential do’s and don’ts when planning a virtual meeting
- Time-saving tips and crucial action planning steps that ensure peak efficiency
Module 2: Engaging Your Virtual Meeting Audience Dynamically
- Current research on what engages and disengages virtual audiences
- Leveraging technology and interpersonal communications to build trust and motivate participation at virtual meetings
Module 3: Managing Virtual Meeting Challenges Proactively
- Overcoming barriers to in-person communications in a virtual meeting environment
- Addressing and managing routine and unexpected technological and interpersonal issues proactively
Creating a Virtual Meeting Action Plan
You will have online access to a “Virtual Meeting" toolkit containing useful articles, checklists, templates and techniques
Gail Levitt, president of Levitt Communications Inc., is an influential leadership facilitator, coach and mentor with a unique approach that engages and inspires participants to learn and apply both theory and practice for peak performance. Gail offers a wide range of influential leadership topic...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.