Managing Upset Customers & Service Breakdowns
The success of many businesses relies on customer satisfaction and a loyal customer base. Dealing head-on with issues regarding an unhappy customer, or a customer service breakdown, proves crucial in keeping those loyal customers.
ACT human have developed a solution that acknowledges that Service breakdowns can occur no matter how well you do your job.
Addresses how to build a stronger more resilient service culture which will in turn reduce service breakdown frequency.
Highlights how to turn a service breakdown into a fantastic opportunity to increase customer loyalty and propel the company forward as opposed to being problematic.
This solution enables service interface staff and service supervisors to better manage themselves and upset customers, take control of the situation by being assertive as opposed to being passive / aggressive and learn from mistakes and breakdowns.
Benefits to You
By the end of a 2-Day ‘Managing Upset Customers & Service Breakdowns’ program, you will be able:
1 To agree on the benefits of superior service to the service providers themselves.
2 To consciously apply techniques to enhance you non-verbal communication so as to present yourself professionally and positively.
3 To manage the impact that customers’ expectations have on the perceived level of service.
4 To explain the hierarchy of customers’ expectations.
5 To consistently address the customer’s needs and concerns with tact and professionalism.
6 To understand consistently apply the ‘Superior Service Cycle’ on the telephone and when interacting face-to-face with customers.
7 To constructively manage upset customers and turn disagreements and challenges to your advantage.
8 To apply customer-focused language.
9 To apply practical and effective techniques to take control of and shift emotional states.
10 To avoid aggressiveness while being assertive.
11 To avoid recurrence of service breakdowns and enhance job enjoyment by getting first-hand customer information and using it for improvements in products and services.
- Learning Needs & Methodology – Application of accelerated learning
- Mindset of a service leader
- Superior service face-to-face - role-play
- Self assessment
- Projecting a positive image through communication
- The 12 skills of listening
- Managing customer expectations
- Managing your own emotions while managing upset customers - participants will be introduced to The ACT 8-Step Model ™ - Turning difficult situations around
- Importance of ‘influential language’
- Learning from service breakdowns
- The 5 cs performance model
- Application session and feedback
- Personal Development Plan
As part of the training and learning during the course, photography and/or video-recording of participants in action will be done.
Who should attend
- (Level 1) Admin & Support
- (Level 2) Supervisor, Executive, & Emerging Managers