Who should attend
Mid- to Upper-Level Managers of All Generations
About the course
Millennials are now the largest single living generation in the United States—having surpassed Baby Boomers within the past few years—and comprise a significant and growing portion of the workforce. For a number of reasons, millennials present leaders and managers with new opportunities and challenges.
In this session we will discuss the myths and realities of managing millennials in the workplace, with a focus on practical principles for bridging generational divides.
- Common myths and stereotypes about the millennial generation
- Evidence-based characteristics of the millennial generation
- Motivation and millennials
- Mentoring and giving feedback to millennials
- Conflict management with millennials
- Gain a broad framework for conceptualizing generational differences
- Identify characteristics that distinguish the millennial generation
- Apply tactics for managing impactful situations with millennials in the workforce
Area of Expertise: Leadership, Diversity, Diversity Research Interests: Leadership, Team dynamics, Entrepreneurship, Healthcare Awards/Honors: Reviewer of the Year Award, Small Group Research, 2017 Outstanding Reviewer Award, Academy of Management Journal, 2016 Outstanding Reviewe...
Videos and materials
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.