This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Millennials are now the largest single living generation in the United States—having surpassed Baby Boomers within the past few years—and comprise a significant and growing portion of the workforce. For a number of reasons, millennials present leaders and managers with new opportunities and challenges.
In this session we will discuss the myths and realities of managing millennials in the workplace, with a focus on practical principles for bridging generational divides.
- Common myths and stereotypes about the millennial generation
- Evidence-based characteristics of the millennial generation
- Motivation and millennials
- Mentoring and giving feedback to millennials
- Conflict management with millennials
- Gain a broad framework for conceptualizing generational differences
- Identify characteristics that distinguish the millennial generation
- Apply tactics for managing impactful situations with millennials in the workforce
Who should attend
Mid- to Upper-Level Managers of All Generations
Trust the experts
Area of Expertise: Leadership, Diversity, Diversity Research Interests: Leadership, Team dynamics, Entrepreneurship, Healthcare Awards/Honors: Reviewer of the Year Award, Small Group Research, 2017 Outstanding Reviewer Award, Academy of Management Journal, 2016 Outstanding Reviewe...
Non-Degree Seminars: Managing Millennials