Managing Supplier Contracts
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with SIM Professional Development.Full disclaimer.
Managing and working with suppliers and contractors go far beyond the upfront review and selection of who to appoint. Challenges often arise when the work begins after the contract has been awarded. Motivating your suppliers and managing the relationships is thus crucial to the final delivery of the contracted work. This programme shows you how to identify and work the levers of supplier performance management and develop practical strategies to manage the relationships over the course of your contract.
Benefits to You
Business Outcomes Organisations will benefit from having a consistent approach to supplier and contract management, ensuring that appropriate strategies are in place to deliver ongoing value through the relationship and the contract.
- Analyse and position your contract from a strategic perspective
- Understand key elements by which supplier contracts can be formed, negotiated and managed
- Influence and negotiate effectively, both internally and externally, on terms of the contract
- Overview of contract management
- What makes a good relationship
- How to define performance levels
- Definitions of the contractual foundation
- Relationship management
- Power in relationships
- Contractual levers that can be invoked
- The do’s and don’ts of service level agreements
- Conditioning suppliers
Styles and techniques which can be applied
Who should attend
- Level 3 - New Managers
- Level 4 - Managers