Who should attend
- (Level 2) Supervisor, Executive, & Emerging Managers
- (Level 3) New Managers
- (Level 4) Managers
About the course
Leading and managing a project successfully requires rigorous discipline, nimble thinking and proactive planning. This programme provides a toolkit which focuses on the five phases of project management - initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing. It provides an overview of the project life cycle specified by the Project Management Institute (PMI) and also on the human side of project management.
Benefits to You
In their annual Chaos report, the Standish Group classify projects into 3 categories:-
- Successful – projects that delivered on what was promised with regards to Scope, Time and Cost,
- Challenged – projects that delivered part of the Scope, delivered late or delivered at a cost higher than budgeted and
- Failed – projects that were abandoned.
Statistics show that currently approximately only 30% of IT projects are successfully delivered.
Challenged and Failed projects result in Demotivated Team/Staff - Poor Quality - Lower Productivity - Delayed Deliveries - Increased Costs - Impacted Profitability and Unhappy Customers.
What are the major causes of Challenged and Failed projects? Poor Project Management, especially in Planning and People Management.
A major focus of the programme is a Structured Planning Methodology covering the Tools and Techniques that will enable a Project Manager and team to prepare a comprehensive Project Plan.
This together with some basics of People Management (which includes Stakeholder Management and Team Management), should help the Project Manager minimise, if not eliminate, many of the causes of Challenged and Failed projects delivering positive outcomes to the Organisation and the Project Manager.
- Become more effective
- Improve your productivity
- Achieve on-time, on-budget results by anticipating problems and reducing risks
- Successful Project Leadership
- Introducing Project
- Management Project Road Map - Initiating, Planning, Executing, Controlling and Closing
- Effective Project Teams
- The Complete Project Leader - Computer-based Simulation Case Study
- Managing to be on Time Managing the End of a Project
- Stakeholder Management
- Project Profile
- Project Leadership Notes
V. Ravindran has more than 15 years experience in business management leading teams, managing projects, managing change, business development and consulting. He has worked as an Executive Consultant in Ernst & Young Consultants, involved in the implementation of Budget and Cost Management Inf...
Read more about Human Capital Management
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.