Managing Physician Performance (Online)
Enroll in Managing Physician Performance to learn how to find — and keep — the most talented physicians. This course provides a blueprint for the hiring and talent management process. Those registered will explore strategies for interviewing, hiring, coaching, performance evaluations, and more. By the end of the course, physician leaders will have covered many strategies and tactics required to leverage talent. These same strategies, when applied, can be used to significantly strengthen organizations.
- The six dimensions of performance for recruiting, retaining and evaluating physicians
- Asking meaningful interview questions
- Aligning physician compensation to organizational objectives
- Evaluating performance on the basis of behavior
- Communicating feedback in one-on-one situations
- Apply the six dimensions of performance to recruiting, retaining and evaluating physicians.
- Design and ask interview questions which create a meaningful exchange.
- Align physician compensation and organizational objectives.
- State the core components of a performance management system.
- Write clear definitions for the dimensions of physician performance.
- Identify sources of data for performance measurement.
- Evaluate performance on the basis of behavior.
- Plan and conduct a performance improvement interview.
- Communicate and give feedback more effectively in one-on-one situations.
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity’s post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.