This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
The main objective of this course is to understand the management process of “Multinational Corporations” (MNCs). We will examine the reasons behind the firm’s decision to move abroad such as production, outsourcing or new market exploration. The course also discusses optimal ways to manage MNCs according to their size and mode of operations in foreign markets. We will discuss famous MNCs and their evolving management style to expand or retain their market share around the globe.
Module 1: Expanding Abroad: MNCs and Global Markets
- Understand the company’s need for expansion and/or outsourcing.
- Understand the difference between home and target market. e.g. developed or emerging economy.
- Identify the mode of entry selected by different MNCs for different markets.
Module 2: Transnational Strategies: Understanding Competitive Advantage
- Understand different structures of MNCs and consequential management techniques.
- Location and competitive advantage
Module 3: Business Strategy and Risk Management in Global Environment
- In-depth competitive analysis and strategies to manage competition in different markets.
- Understanding and fulfilling consumer needs in different global markets.
- Understanding outsourcing structure and its strategic importance for MNCs
- Product differentiations or Mass Production, decision-based on the target market.
Module 4: Disruptive Technologies and MNCs
- How disruptive technologies change market dynamics
- Localizing the business model to fit the domestic needs.
- Understand the diversification and placement strategies.
Trust the experts
Hakeem Muhammad Mohsin
Dr. Hakeem earned his Doctor of Philosophy in Management from Graduate School of Economics and Management, Tohoku University, Japan. His master degree was also received from Tohoku University, and his MBA and BBA (Hons.) from COMSATS University. While at Tohoku University he was awarded various s...