Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Designed for both business professionals who are looking to increase their knowledge of data science and how it can help them in their current roles, and business leaders who are looking to create data-savvy teams and improve the performance of their departments and the company overall.
About the course
Delve into the many sources of data, and how to collect, store, and combine data for current and future needs.
Part of the three-program Foundations of Data Science for Business Leaders series.
The third course in the Foundations of Data Science for Business Leaders series, Managing Information for Analytics introduces the management and technology capabilities that are required to create and manage the information that powers modern data-savvy organizations.
Presented by Darden Executive Education, UVA Data Science, and UVA McIntire School of Commerce
Offered as part of a three-program series, Managing Information for Analytics is led by thought leaders from UVA Darden Executive Education, UVA Data Science and UVA McIntire School of Commerce, recognized as experts in data science techniques and tools, and the application of those in the modern business context. The other two programs in this series are:
- Strategic Use of Data
- Data Science Methods and Applications
Each program may be taken as a stand alone course, or you may take all three programs to gain a unique and comprehensive perspective on data science in business
Understand the technologies and management frameworks that are essential for businesses and their leaders to compete and win through analytics and data science powered strategies. Through lectures, case studies, readings, group discussion, and technology demonstrations, you will gain familiarity with modern information management, and develop the confidence to lead your organization into the data-rich future. This program explores:
- Importance of technology vision and strategy in the creation and management of information pipelines required in modern data-intensive businesses
- Emerging and expanding technologies such as cloud, containerization, internet of things (IOT) and artificial intelligence and new models such as edge, SAAS and platforms
- Big data technologies for analytics and operations, including traditional and new data management technologies including data warehouses and data lakes, and solutions from leading providers including AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
- Considerations in designing architectures, managing organizations, and securing information as you lead your team or organization toward becoming an information-enabled digital business.
- Designing Digital Business
- Architecting Data Pipelines
- Technology Trends: Cloud Computing
- Technology Trends: Big Data & Analytics
- Big Data Technologies that Enable Analytics Capabilities
- Big Data Technologies that Support Operational Excellence
- The Future: Big Data Architecture & Enterprise Analytics
- The Future: AI & Automation
- Digital Platforms
- Integrating IoT in Business Operations
Impact & Outcomes
- Develop a technology vision for your organization and determine which of the four operating models will help you meet your goals
- Build omnichannel capabilities for seamless customer experiences
- Maximize your cloud computing resources to ensure secure data pipelines
- Understand how big data impacts people, process and technology, and enables predictive, descriptive and prescriptive analytics at the enterprise level.
- Explore the various data management technologies and which could support your organization’s analytical needs
- Understand the impact of AI on business and society
- Integrate digital platforms into your strategy to expand your reach and influence
- Understand the implications of adopting IoT technology and how to process the data produced by those devices .
Education: B.E., Computer Science, University of Madras, India; Ph.D., Marketing, University of Houston Professor of Business Administration Rajkumar Venkatesan teaches Marketing Technology Products, Marketing Strategy, and Marketing Analytics at Darden. Venkatesan''s research focuses on ana...
Education Ph.D., Management Information Systems, University of Minnesota M.S., Computer Sciences, University of Minnesota B.S., Business & Economics, Bocconi University, Milano, Italy Professor Grazioli is the Director of the M.S. in the Management of Information Technology Program, which ...
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.