Who should attend
This program is for managers leading hybrid teams (in-office and remotely, including different locations, time zones and cultures).
About the course
Are you a manager overseeing some employees in an office and others working remotely? If so, you already know the unique challenges in terms of communication, collaboration and setting up meetings that work for everyone. Beyond these concerns, how do you create and set expectations that are equally effective for both groups—while instilling trust, flexibility and productivity during times of constant change? This course is your antidote to the complications and frustrations of managing a hybrid team. You’ll learn specific skills and strategies to build a cohesive, effective, inclusive, and productive group of people who can adhere to priorities and a routine that works for all—and are ready, willing and able to deliver on performance and results.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will grow your people management skills & competencies and be able to:
- Prioritize for performance as you strengthen your presence and credibility
- Establish effective routines, expectations and accountability while focusing on shared goals
- Become more intentional and mindful about communication channels, preferences and effectiveness
- Conduct outstanding meetings with your hybrid teams regardless of time zones and geographies
- Learn new ways to be more inclusive and approachable
During the programme you will:
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practise your people management skills using case studies, real examples and role plays during your interactive session
What will you learn and practice?
Managing Hybrid Teams is a 1-day hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former management experience in international companies.
- Develop a specific plan for applying what you’ve learned back on the job
- Identify people who can support your action Exploring the hybrid team: in-person and online challenges and opportunities
- Discovering the characteristics, challenges and perceived value of hybrid teams
- Ensuring the strong and engaged presence of both in-person and online team members
- Recognizing different aspects and implications of communication between in-person and online team members
- Creating a strong message to influence others on the team
- Assessing team member communication in the absence of visual cues (i.e., body language and facial expressions)
- Applying best practices for communicating in both types of work situations
- Overcoming your biases and preconceptions about both types of work situations
- Adopting and practicing new behaviors that will work to your advantage
- Reducing stress levels and getting the results you need during times of change
*Programme outline: *
Module 1: The Hybrid Team: Onsite and Online Challenges and Opportunities
- Definition of a Hybrid Team
- Benefits and Challenges of Leading a Hybrid Team
- Most Common Challenges as Reported by Team Members
- Impact of Personality Styles
- Impact of Style on Hybrid Leadership Behaviors
- How to Read Another’s Personality Style
Module 2: Communication between In-Person and Online Team Members
- Communication Challenges for Hybrid Teams
- Overview of Team Communication
- The Importance of Listening
Module 3: Building Relationships in a Hybrid In-Person and Online Environment
- Building Relationships with Your Hybrid Team
- Managing Hybrid Teams
- Hybrid Team Meeting Best Practices
- Managing Challenges in a Hybrid Team
- Tips for Cross-Cultural Communication on Hybrid Teams
Module 4: Building a High Performing Hybrid Team
- Building Relationships with Hybrid Teams
- Stages of Team Development
- Driving High Performance on Your Hybrid Team
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.