Who should attend
Family business owners of multiple generations looking to take their business to the next growth phase. We encourage nomination of more members from the same family business/ group to ensure a greater learning experience. They often develop an action agenda during the course of the programme.
About the course
Running a family business often brings in conflicts, at the interface of family and business, while exploring growth opportunities. You have to develop competitive strategies and at the same time, build internal capabilities to manage the challenges that come with adopting changes. It is not always easy for family-run businesses to transform themselves, because of a lack of professionalisation and governance.
Family Business: Managing Growth and Transformation is a programme that enables you to identify and understand the challenges that come with the transformation of a growing family business, and develop key skills for managing it.
- Identifying the strategic levers of your business growth and how to use them to take your organisation to the next level
- Developing new insights into the challenges, processes and solutions to further professionalise your business
- Reflecting on your current family business governance structure to determine how it should change to align with growth needs
- Organisational transformation and institutionalization: Strategies and processes for the journey
- This programme will sensitise the family business owner with issues related to this journey of transformation and growth
- You will learn to apply tools and techniques for creating capabilities that will ensure sustained growth of the organisation
The program will equip the directors of family businesses to carry out their responsibilities towards the growth and perpetuity of the business. The following topics will be covered:
- The uniqueness of Family Businesses and their implications for the board
- Governance- family as well as business and their interaction • Professionalization challenges of board
- Succession and leadership transition – board as a facilitator
- Roles and responsibilities of the board
- Complying with statutory rules and regulations and ensuring managerial accountability to shareholders
Professor Kavil Ramachandran, a founding faculty set up the Wadhwani Centre for Entrepreneurship Development at the ISB in 2001. Later, he was the Associate Dean (Academic Programmes) before becoming the Thomas Schmidheiny Chair Professor of Family Business and Wealth Management. Currently, he ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.