Who should attend
- Professionals working in the Financial Services sector who need to expand their knowledge and skills so as to perform effectively – investment firms, administrative service providers, fund management and administration, banking sector, insurance sector, etc.
- Junior finance employees
- Career changers
About the course
Despite the economic crisis that we are experiencing, the Financial Services in Cyprus has proven to be a robust sector that is continuously growing and improving. Therefore, the demands of the sector and the competition have been increasing also.
The aim of this programme is to provide the tools and knowledge that are needed for a professional to get a head-start in this competitive industry. It includes the following areas of specialization: Risk Management, Portfolio Management, Compliance, Supervision, and Financial Reporting, Fund Structuring, and Analysis of FX and Binary Option Markets.
At the conclusion of the training, participants will be awarded a Certificate in Financial Services which is co-issued with FINCAP Advisers Ltd. To obtain the Certificate, participants need to attend at least 80% of the programme’s duration. No exams take place.
- Types of risk to international business
- Tools to measure and mitigate risk used by risk management professionals
- Asset allocation and construction of portfolios
- Measuring portfolio performance; monitoring and rebalancing
Compliance, Supervision and Financial Reporting
- Regulatory requirements under MIFID
- Cyprus investment laws & CySEC directives
- Overview of the global fund industry
- Requirements for setting up a fund in Cyprus
Analysis of FX Markets
- Mechanics and operations of the FX market
- Risk management in the FX industry
- Appreciate the types of risk in international business
- Attain tools to measure and mitigate risk used by risk-management professionals
- Examine asset allocation and construction of portfolios
- Learn to measure portfolio performance, monitor and rebalance
- Examine the regulatory requirements under MIFID
- Understand the Cyprus investment laws & CySEC directives
- Appreciate a holistic overview of the global fund industry
- Examine the requirements for setting up a fund in Cyprus
- Learn the mechanics and operations of the FX Market
- Understand risk-management in the FX industry
Mr. Constantinos Papanastasiou has over 17 years of experience in investment banking and financial services and currently holds the position of the Senior Manager – Fund Services in an International Banking institution. He previously headed Investment Banking in one of the leading financial insti...
Mr. Demetris Nicolaou holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance & Economics and an MBA from the American University in Washington, DC. He is a CFA Charterholder and also holds advanced Certificates of Professional Competence from CySEC. He previously served as President of the CFA Society of Cypru...
Mr. Demetris Tsingis founded FINCAP Advisers in late 2016 as its Managing Partner, previously serving as a Partner heading the Financial Regulation & Advisory, London Office and Executive Academy departments in one of the leading advisory firms of Cyprus. He holds a BSc in Government & Ec...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.