Who should attend
Professionals who want to enhance their relationships with both internal and external clients and customers by better managing customer expectations.
About the course
Enhance customer relationships by communicating more proactively
It is likely that anyone interacting with customers these days has experienced some degree of stress managing their expectations and reactions. It can be challenging for both you and them to process bad news, support new policies, practice new procedures, and adapt new approaches amidst continuous change.
In this half-day program, you will learn to manage customer expectations more proactively on three levels: feeling, thinking and responding. Set expectations with internal and external customers by applying techniques for de-personalizing, empathizing, clarifying, framing and summarizing. Communicate effectively to enhance your customer relationships during disruptive times.
Online program format
This facilitator-lead online program is delivered over 3.5 hours, including two 10-minute breaks.
The format is highly interactive, enabling you to network with peers, brainstorm ideas, view instructional videos, practice customer scenarios and engage in group problem solving. You will also have access to tools and templates for managing customer expectations that you can review at any time.
Benefits for you
- Gain insights about what “triggers” customers to have “unrealistic” expectations
- "De-personalize" to self-manage your own emotional responses
- Modify your messaging to be more customer-focused
- Establish and manage customer and client expectations
- Improve customer relationships by communicating with empathy, tact and assertiveness
Module 1: What Triggers Customer Expectations?
- Triggers for unrealistic customer expectations during COVID-19
- Putting yourself in their shoes: understanding their perspective
Module 2: Self-Managing Your Response
- How to de-personalize your response
- Reframing emotions into actions
Module 3: Communicating Expectations Proactively
- Handling unrealistic expectations
- Conveying bad news
- Getting buy-in
- Managing resistance and conflict
You will have online access to a “Managing Customer Expectations” resource kit containing articles, checklists, templates, and techniques to apply.
Gail Levitt, president of Levitt Communications Inc., is an influential leadership facilitator, coach and mentor with a unique approach that engages and inspires participants to learn and apply both theory and practice for peak performance. Gail offers a wide range of influential leadership topic...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.