Who should attend
- Anyone who interacts with others in the workplace
- Anyone seeking useful tools for properly addressing misunderstandings, disagreements, and conflicts of interest
- Applicable to all industries and fields
About the course
Conflict, misunderstandings, disagreements: It seems we’re always at odds with someone else at work. So why can’t we all just get along? Why does every task or project or decision have to be so difficult and feel so uncomfortable? Sometimes, the problem is not as deep as it seems on the surface level and can be addressed with a ‘quick fix’. Sometimes, the problem requires you to think in an analytical manner free from the biases of emotion in order to dissect the difference in opinion. For all types of conflict, our highly interactive 'Managing Conflict in the Workplace' workshop allows participants to assess themselves, determine their primary conflict resolution style, and determine which situations that style works best in.
Participants will gain:
- A specific recollection of when, where, and what they learned about conflict that may or may not be aiding them in the workplace
- An understanding of what constitutes conflict, its necessity in the workplace, and how to use it productively
- The ability to differentiate between conflict, misunderstanding, and disagreement, and develop an action plan for each
- A better understanding of the difference between positions and interests and how to use the tool to dissect conflict
- Knowledge of the pros and cons of each of the five conflict resolution strategies: Competition, compromise, collaboration, avoidance, and accommodation
- Defining conflict
- Defining and resolving misunderstandings
- Defining and resolving disagreements
- Different effective ways to approach conflict
- Pros and cons of “Competing” as a strategy
- Pros and cons of “Accommodating” as a strategy
- Pros and cons of “Compromising” as a strategy
- Pros and cons of “Collaborating” as a strategy
- Utilizing “Positions” vs. “Interests” to meet the needs of both sides
Patricia Pippert is an internationally-recognized Consultant, Trainer, and Master Facilitator. Prior to her career in designing and facilitating high-impact training programs for many of the Fortune 500 Corporations, she enjoyed a successful career as a stage, screen, and TV actress in New York....
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.