Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
If you are a business professional facing expanding workloads, shifting priorities, complex organizational dynamics, organizational restructuring and increased uncertainty, this programme is right for you.
About the course
Set priorities and learn to control chaos in the workplace
Welcome to chaos—otherwise known as the world in which we all work today.
Your immediate takeaway:
- Discover how you can harness the energy of a dynamic, though often chaotic, work environment and avoid feeling overwhelmed when things start to spin out of control
- Learn a variety of tools that will help you re-think the way you approach chaos and enable you to leverage resources to help you tackle challenging situations as they arise
- Gain hands-on experience applying tools for setting priorities and adjusting to shifting demands with greater clarity
- Practise techniques for analysing and resolving problems and learn to strategically communicate your solutions
This management training course combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will grow your decision-making and pressure management skills. You will gain a wider perspective of working in dynamic work environments through breakout sessions, exercises, and case applications.
You’ll leave confident and ready to apply the most appropriate techniques to clarify, alleviate and eliminate chaos within your control—and better manage your reactions to the chaos beyond your control.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will grow your chaos management skills & competencies and be able to:
- Identify positive outcomes from chaotic environments
- Clarify and leverage or eliminate chaos within your control
- Set priorities for all your activities
- Focus and act decisively when priorities shift
- Use tools to problem-solve and select a course of action
- Manage interruptions and conflicts with greater ease
- Communicate your needs strategically
During the programme you will:
- Network and learn with a diverse group of peers from different industries and countries in an international environment
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practise new skills using real-business-world examples and exercises over 2 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
Managing Chaos: Tools to Set Priorities and Make Decisions Under Pressure is a 2-day hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former management experience in international companies.
Managing Chaos: Tools to Set Priorities and Make Decisions Under Pressure Course Outline:
- Welcome to chaos: examining sources of chaos
- Describing the effects of change on managers and employees
- Defining personal and group goals in a chaotic environment
- Identifying chaos within your control
- Examining and selecting tools for planning priorities
- Identifying root causes of problems/issues
- Generating creative solutions to problems
- Organising ideas to firmly grasp a problem’s critical components
- Creating a daily action plan
- Implementing best practices for time management
- Managing interruptions and distractions
- Implementing best practices for improving your influencing communications
- Applying tools and techniques to resolve case scenarios developed in the class
- Using influencing tactics in conversations
- Identifying tools and developing a plan to manage your workplace chaos
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.