Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Change managers who are newer to role and are committed to success
- Change agents who need to understand core concepts in order to add value
- Senior leaders who want a deeper appreciation for the value a structured change plan can deliver
- Department heads (Directors and Senior Managers) responsible for overseeing change initiatives
- HR Business Partners and Managers/Specialist
- Communications Managers/Specialist
- Project Managers / Operations Specialists
- Employees working in the area of transformation and strategic planning
About the course
For many organizations, change is unavoidable.
For whatever the reason – mergers, acquisitions, restructurings, technological advancements, the need for new growth opportunities – change is necessary. While some organizations are adept at planning the tactical components of change, many struggle with preparing people to support change and how to best sustain the change after implementation. Often underlying this struggle is an unstated belief that change happens in isolation.
This three-day conflict management training program will provide a holistic understanding of effectively leading change in an integrated manner. It carefully balances a review of change management theory with the practical application of putting theory into action and offers participants a unique deep-dive into two critical success factors of any change management initiative: managing conflict and communications.
Participants will leave with strategies, tools and tactics that can immediately be used in their workplace. They will have a broader appreciation of all facets of change, and the key role they can play in leading successful change programs.
- How an improved awareness of the stages of change is essential to delivering better outcomes
- Why clarity and alignment of the future state is fundamental to successful change management programs
- How understanding the readiness for change and stakeholder mapping is linked to higher change success rates
- What your personal change-leadership style is and why it’s significant to a program’s success
- How the type of change impacts the scope of programs and why that’s a game changer
- Gain an in-depth understanding of change resistance, how it can derail your efforts, and strategies to overcome it
- Become a powerful and impactful communicator that influences stakeholders, changes behaviours and cultivates employee support for change
- Individual and group work
- Application to real-world workplace challenges
- Simulation exercise
- Case studies
Course content details
Managing Change, Conflict and Communications: A Manager's Tool Kit
Develop Your Capacity to Lead Change Projects
- Learn what constitutes an organizational change (people, process, technology)
- Why the scope and scale of change is important to effective change planning
- Strengthen your management of the various cycles of change
- Prepare your organization with a readiness assessment and stakeholder mapping
Understand Your Personal Change-Leadership Style
- Self-assessment to understand how you manage change
- List of specific focus areas for further growth and development
- Ensure senior management, change sponsors and change agents understand and support the change
- Identify the types of resistance and learn specific strategies to effectively manage resistance
Implement Change Programs with Confidence
- Understand the role of sponsor, change agents, and other stakeholders in the change process
- Learn different types of training necessary to build the skills and knowledge required for successful change roll-outs
- How roles and responsibilities, approval process and existing ways of working are all central to successful change
- Build momentum and a sense of achievement to drive better results
Master Conflicts and Keep Your Program on Track
- Learn the root causes of conflict that arise during change and techniques for effective resolution without escalation
- Conflict management styles that highly effective managers use
- How to adapt your style to different situations
- Supporting employees through change to avoid conflict
Change Communications: How to Answer the 5 W’s
- The interrelationship between effective leadership, communication and conflict and why this is critical
- Strategies and techniques for powerful, compelling and impactful leadership communications
- Unique insights about your communication style through a self-assessment
- Build a communications plan to determine who, what, when, where and why you should communicate
Measure What Matters in Change Programs
- How to define success from the outset and get buy in
- Understand the range of channels and tools to measure the impact and progress of change
- How measurement during the change roll-out will lead to better outcomes
- Determine whether your change program helped achieve business results
Sustain the Change Post Roll-Out
- Learn the importance of sustaining the change and the strategies required
- The role of communication in sustaining change
- Designing metrics for ongoing change measurement
Jordan Berman leads Global Corporate Communications for Apotex. In his role, he is responsible for all communications platforms and channels, reputation management, and for developing and communicating the organization's narrative to a wide variety of stakeholders. Prior to Apotex, Jordan held a ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.