Managing Change, Conflict and Communications – a Manager's Tool kit
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Schulich Executive Learning Centre.Full disclaimer.
Learn how change leadership, conflict management and employee communications relate and impact results.
Evaluate your own change leadership style and master conflict resolution and negotiation techniques to handle any business issue. Improve your communication approach to ensure employees effectively achieve new business goals. Work through a professional action plan to show how to manage current change challenges in your department or across the organization.
Developing Your Capacity to Lead Business Transitions
- Where does change come from and how to manage it
- How do effective leaders tackle change?
- What types of resistance to change can managers expect?
- Successful change leadership approaches
Improving Your Management Scope and Perspective of Change
- Your change-leadership style
- How you personally deal with change?
- How can I help myself?
- How can I help others work through change?
Professional Action Planner: What Needs Changing in your Business Environment – Defining the Benefit
Conflict Management Skills
Identifying How Conflicts Occur
- How conflicts rob your business and erode employee performance
- Conflict resolution fundamentals for leaders
- Sources of conflict in our business and personal life
- Conflict self-assessment: how do I respond to emotional drivers of conflict?
Developing Your Conflict Leadership Approach
- Conflict management styles that highly effective managers use
- How to adapt your style to different situations
- Self-management techniques: how can I help myself work through conflict?
- Employee management: how can I help others work through conflict?
- Professional Action Planner: Analyzing a ‘Real’ Conflict Challenge with Resolutions
How Highly Effective Leaders Communicate
- Communication strategies to improve performance: delegation audit, negotiation techniques, influencing strategies
- Self-assessment of your natural communication style
- Personal exercise: what are my communications strengths and weaknesses?
- How can I help others communicate better with me?
Who should attend
This conflict resolution training course is ideal for businesses and public-sector departments charting a strategic new course. It will give you a clear understanding as to where change and conflict start. It will provide concrete techniques to diminish your staff’s fear of the change and reduce the conflict through specific communication techniques. It is perfect for:
- Department VPs, directors and senior managers who are currently responsible for overseeing new change mandates
- Public sector department managers
- Managers, supervisors and project leaders who manage large departments or implement business strategies
- Regional, national and international business managers
- HR, training and employee communications specialists
- Business administration, operations and customer service leaders
- Front-line managers faced with business transition