Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Auckland Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Practical strategies for promoting the best in your people
As a manager, success is achieved through your people. How well do you understand your team and importantly, how well do you understand what drives your people? Do you manage these relationships and responsibilities well to get the best from your team? Many people are promoted into management and leadership positions because of their technical expertise. Yet managing and leading people effectively requires a new set of skills. This course deals with the key issues of understanding the people you work with, and how to communicate effectively with them. It offers essential skills for communication, leadership, motivation and dealing with issues.
This is a practical workshop, where you’ll be able to learn and apply the learning directly to your own work situations. There is a lot to cover. At the same time we’ll focus on your particular needs.
We will cover:
- Our role as leaders and managers
- From team member to team leader
- Leading through influence
- Understanding ourselves and others
- Team dynamics and culture
- Managing the moments
Use this knowledge to:
- Understand and motivate individuals
- Raise issues
- Manage conflict
- Deal with difficult behaviours
- Have a greater understanding of your own and others' behaviour
- Gain tools to build rapport easily and communicate effectively
- Acquire skills to motivate and lead others
- Build your knowledge, skills and confidence to raise issues, manage difficult behaviours and deal with conflict
Your organisation will:
- Create more capable managers
- Have higher performing teams
- Build a culture of high performance
Who should attend
- Newly appointed managers and team leaders
- Those responsible for managing and leading groups
- Anyone in management or leadership positions who works with challenging personalities
Trust the experts
Nick established the business training organisation Training for Change in 1994. His purpose is to offer training and facilitation services to corporate business in the area of human dynamics – the interface of people working with people. He has a background in teaching, television production, s...