Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Executives who want to foster innovation in their organization – yet struggle with setting a strong vision, optimizing internal processes and/or leading their teams in a motivational way.
About the course
The competitive landscape in the world of digital disruption poses new challenges for business leaders. To address these challenges, this program will explore what we believe to be the three major aspects, or the “3P’s,” of innovation: Prospect, Process, and People.
Starting with “Prospect,” leaders must set bold visions to catalyze breakthrough growth, turning organizational visions into missions and actions. Continuing with “Process,” leaders must make tough choices while prioritizing and mobilizing resources along the innovation funnel. The “People” aspect will address the need for leaders to inspire, encourage, and motivate their employees to build a climate in which people feel empowered to be innovative and safe enough to risk failure when experimenting with new ideas.
- Gain strategic insights into innovation, set a great vision, and translate that vision into concrete goals & objectives
- Learn how to develop the right organizational structure for innovation to thrive
- Understand how to successfully manage the innovation process, invest in future growth, and make smart decisions along the way
- Build a strong corporate learning culture that empowers people to fuel innovation at the individual, team, and organizational level
- Explore the impact of leadership on the nature and success of creative efforts, create an organizational climate that nurtures and promotes innovation
- Reflect on the situation inside one’s company, think through all the steps in the innovation journey and create a personal action plan
- Mapping the innovation landscape into an organization’s strategic goal, understanding its contexts, types, and barriers
- Turning innovation theater into innovation engine – from talking about innovation to converting innovation into practice
- Designing the innovation process and structuring the innovation funnel
- Organizing for innovation: evaluation, resource prioritization & allocation, decision making
- Leading up, down, and laterally to motivate people and foster innovation
Managing and Leading for Innovation is a six-week online program combining asynchronous and synchronous elements. Participants work through six learning modules at their own pace, guided by ESMT experts.
Individual learning journeys will be supported by a workbook designed for personal reflection on the current situation inside one’s organization, enabling participants to transfer the lessons learned into daily practice. Participants will experience and interact with diverse virtual learning components, including case studies, individual exercises, peer feedback, live discussion forums, simulation exercises, and live webinars.
Linus Dahlander is an associate professor with tenure at ESMT Berlin. He joined ESMT in January 2011 as an assistant professor. Linus received his PhD in Technology Management and Economics from Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden in 2006. From 2006 to 2008, Linus was an assistant professor...
Lei joined ESMT Berlin in 2017, and has been active as a Program Director for Executive Education since 2019. She gained her bachelor’s degree in Communication Science from Zhejiang University (China), and then went on to pursue a master’s at the University of Bremen (Germany), where she focused ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.