This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
In recognition of the various aspects of “Diversity and Inclusion”, this course defines the process on how one can leverage diversity to create a dynamic and inclusive workplace. The concept of leveraging an inclusive environment is contingent upon defining and developing the linkages between the key elements of how the composition of the workforce, workplace and structure, shape and define an inclusive environment. Steps such as acknowledging and understanding unconscious bias, removal of institutional barriers and inserting levers for innovation and creativity set the stage for fostering an inclusive workplace.
- What is meant by Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace
- Refresher on various elements of diversity
- Latest federal and provincial statistic
- Step-by-Step process for identifying and defeating inherent biases:
- Understanding unconscious bias
- Effects of bias in an organization
- Identifying and reframing bias / Fostering inclusion
- Other jurisdictional models on Diversity and Inclusion
- Reviewing diversity plans and identifying what will work for GoA
- Formulating the framework for a Diversity and Inclusion Plan