Managing Across Generations for Stronger Teams
Understand the symptoms of generational fatigue that are limiting the organization’s potential and why it is happening.
This new online course will teach managers how to shift their approach for workers of each generation in order to bridge the workplace communications gap. Using nine simple leadership skills, you’ll learn techniques to break down barriers and reduce stress, leading to higher levels of productivity, engagement and project success.
- Generational EQ (emotional intelligence) to hone negotiation and consensus-building skills
- Generational IQ to create a high-performance workplace and mitigate employee churn
- Understand the triggers and symptoms that result in communication breakdown
- Learn the cultural roadblocks that are impacting trust and productivity
- Leverage the concept of anchoring moments to impact the different generations
- Use motivational triggers to increase engagement for each generation
- Perfect your verbal and written communication skills by using generational sentence patterning
Course content details
There are three modules, each consisting of four 10-minute online lessons and four homework assignments done offline and then submitted. In the assignments you are given a situation to reflect on it using the concepts taught in the lesson.
Module 1: Generational Engagement
Introduces you to how each generation learns, what they fear, their approach to work, their engagement triggers, if and why they need a mentor, and how to build culture with each generation.
Module 2: Generational Value
Introduces you to triggers and symptoms of communication breakdown that destroy a team member’s sense of value, causing them to quit or to quit working; including how generations frame feedback, how they articulate anger, and typical responses by generations to not feeling valued.
Module 3: Generational Trust
This unit introduces you to cultural roadblocks that prevent trust from developing between generations, thereby limiting overall productivity including how to reward team members, what drives trust, leadership perception, and attachment to vision and mission.
Who should attend
This program is suitable for managers and executives of all functional areas, including:
- GenX managers dealing with managing Millennials and Baby Boomers.
- Millennial individual contributors looking to enhance communication skills with management.
- Team leaders and potential new leaders.
It’s been proven that applying these 9 Skills™ will help managers:
Reduce stress by up to 34%
Increase ability to finish projects and achieve goals by 11%
Increase financial well-being as great communicators are 1.7 times more likely to outperform their peers financially