Who should attend
This program designed is for managers and professionals at any level looking for “win-win” solutions in a generationally diverse workforce. It is particularly useful for anyone looking for approaches to better manage and work with those from a different generation, whether younger or older.
About the course
Many executives and managers have trouble pinpointing how to best recruit, manage, motivate, and work with the multiple generations that make up their team. While careful consideration must be taken to avoid overgeneralizing large demographics, research has uncovered important trends and insights that can help to better understand the diversity of Millennials, Generation Xers and Baby Boomers. This practical and fun learning lab will equip participants with tools to understand what different generations want from their work life and how to accommodate difference in communication styles, work habits, motivational levers, and styles of managing up, down and across the organization. Participants will leave the workshop with greater confidence and abilities to work with and lead a diverse, smooth-functioning team.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Embrace generational diversity and understand why some people react the way they do
- Build stronger working relationships among Millennials, Generation Xers and Baby Boomers
- Turn negative stereotypes into positive performance and relationships
- Successfully manage varying work habits, communication styles, and motivators
- Develop greater personal influence and impact with generations below or above you
- Set a common approach and understanding for a collaborative workplace
Trends and Qualities Across Generations
- Defining Millennials (Generation Y), Generation X and Baby Boomers
- What is a generational difference and what is not
- Understanding distinctive qualities of duty, drive, reward, and more
Resolving Points of Tension Among Generations and Their Managers
- Adapting management styles to generational contexts
- Practices that positively impact a worker’s sense of duty
- Exploring performance dialogues and metrics
Motivating and Retaining Members of Different Generations
- Best practice examples to increase motivation
- Issues regarding feedback, recognition, mentorship and career development
- Technology and generations
Workplace Culture to Embrace Differences
- Tips and techniques for a more transparent workplace
- Costly mistakes to avoid
- Your personalized plan to benefit all generations in your company
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.