Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with CEIBS.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Programme Fee includes tuition, case licensing fees, lunches, stationery, other course materials, interpretation and translation fees if required. The full fee must be paid within two weeks upon receipt of the payment notice. Applications made within 30 days of the start of a programme require immediate payment. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.
Early in your career, you can get into your stride in the workplace with a strong competence. If you move up the career ladder to an executive position, an ability to establish good interpersonal relationships will be crucial to your success. You will need to figure out how to build a high-performance team, unlock the potential of employees, and tackle the conflict of interests between individuals and the team.
The objective of this program is to provide managers, leaders and entrepreneurs with insights and tools to enhance the performance of the organization by unleashing the potential of employees. A deeper understanding by leaders of the psychological factors that influence collaborative processes will strengthen the capacity of people work with differences and create synergy. You can also foster the culture of collaboration that emphasizes respect and trust to inspire employees to pursue an all-win result and improve their capability for change and innovation, with an aim to building a high-performance team. The dynamics of interpersonal relationships will be explored from a managerial perspective. How can a leader free followers from their anxieties that limit their performance? We will analyze how the leadership styles influences the cooperation in teams and what needs to be done to develop success and high performance. We will show the influence of the unconscious processes and emotions on interpersonal, team and organizational level. We will analyze how organizational routines are used, by managers and employees, as social defenses against loosing face.
This Programme aims to provide executives, leaders and entrepreneurs with deep insights into the psychological dimensions of collaboration within the organization, and probe into the dynamics of interpersonal relationships from a managerial perspective. The Programme will focus on how the psychological dimensions of cooperation and decision-making affect the high-performance organizational culture. Participants are expected to reflect on how they communicate with and exert an influence on others.
Participants will be better able to:
- Understand how the psychological dimensions will enhance success, change and innovation
- Observe, diagnose, and interpret behavior
- Understand the psychological effects of anxiety, competition, fear of failure on performance
- Choose appropriate interventions to break down barriers to cooperation
- Avoid escalation in dealing with conflicts
- Stimulate a culture of mutual expectation and respect
- Deal with differences constructively to stimulate creativity and innovation
- Understand their own strengths and weaknesses in their style of leading
Participants will improve their leadership abilities in the following areas:
- Improving interpersonal relations by reducing misunderstanding and anxiety
- Develop personal courage to challenge outdated practices
- Balancing conflicting interests
- Being a role model as leader for others
- Creating a performance culture on the level of the group and organization
- Manage the complexities of face-to-face and group relations
Introduction to the Programme
- The psychological dimensions of cooperation within organisations: The multilevel approach
- Case study
- The rationality of the irrational
The Role of Perception, Mental Models and Personality
- Exercise: Discovering your core qualities, pitfalls, challenges and allergies
- The impact of scripts on behaviour
- Movie analysis
Dynamics of Interpersonal Relations
- Exercise: Lifeline
- Building effective one-on-one work relationships
- The influence of expectations and projections in hierarchical relations
- Pathology of leaders: Narcissism and addiction to power and control
Leadership: Coaching for Performance
- Case study
- Balancing the need for support and the need to challenge
- Leadership: building trust through bonding
- Understanding different work styles
Conflict Management: Dealing with Differences
- Dynamics of splitting, projection and defensive routines
- Create high-performing teams and productive inter group dynamics
Leading for Innovation and Change
- Playing to win
- Balance, as a leader, challenging and supporting people
- How to deal with the uncertainties of change
- Role of leadership and empowerment in change
- Concluding lecture
Who should attend
The programme is directed at managers who influence the culture of their organisations, and who want to increase the organisational effectiveness by strengthening the quality of the relationships with colleagues and employees. These managers understand that insight into the psychological dimensions of cooperation and decision-making is a prerequisite for the creation of culture of high performance.
Trust the experts
Dr. André Wierdsma, Professor of Organizing and Co-creating at Nyenrode Business University, has been appointed Professor in Management and Organization at CEIBS from January 1st, 2009. In 1986 Dr. Wierdsma was part of the first group of tutors who taught an MBA program at the Europe Management...