Managerial Decision Making With Spreadsheets
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Indore.Full disclaimer.
Many businesses have been capturing lots of data in various formats which can be easily exported to spreadsheets like MS-Excel. Executives need the Spreadsheet computing skills to get full benefits from such past data. Spreadsheets help manager to build various decision models which can help them to arrive at better decisions. This program covers Spreadsheet based techniques used to guide business decisions. Decision modeling and analysis will be the core of the course. MS-Excel will be used for computational work.
The program will cover the following:
- Introduce participants to the Spreadsheet environment and modeling techniques
- Spreadsheet based managerial decision models
- Formulating and solving optimization problems
- Provide hands-on exposure to all modeling exercises
The list of indicative topics is as follows:
- Basics of Spreadsheet Computing
- Spreadsheets functions
- Optimization and Linear Programming
- What-If and Sensitivity Analysis
- Forecasting Techniques
- Regression Models
- Analytics using Spreadsheets
- Data visualization
- Spreadsheet programming
Who should attend
The program is ideally suited for executives dealing with decisions using variety of data and want to enhance their spreadsheet modeling skills. Executives working as Business Analysts, Data Analysts, and Data Scientists would also benefit from this program.