About the course
This self-paced, online certificate focuses on several factors that are vital to becoming a successful manager and leader. It is designed to give managers a head start on how to handle potential problems correctly and professionally with less stress and fewer negative outcomes for one’s organization. The courses within this certificate offer learners an explanation of the managerial mindset that all managers and leaders must adopt to succeed.
Curriculum & Course Details There are a number of managerial factors that are vital in managing and leading. Becoming a better manager or leader is directly connected to how well you can master them. The program contains detailed explanations, best practices, and key questions on 18 managerial and leadership factors including video advice from senior-level managers.
After careful consideration of the relevant and reference managerial and leadership factors, students are given a series of video-based scenarios and asked to consider how they would handle the challenges presented for the most optimal results.
The Manager's Toolbox certificate consists of these eight modules:
- Reference Material
- Business Nuts and Bolts
- Compliance Challenges
- Handling Conflict
- Morale and Inspiration
- New Leader Challenges
- New Manager Challenges
- Performance Challenges
Upon completion of the certificate, students should be able to do the following:
- Inhabit the managerial mindset
- Understand what employees want from their jobs
- Understand how managers lead
- Recognize the components of a manager's job including enforcing policies and procedures, controlling expenses, dealing with subordinates and superiors, planning and budgeting, recruiting and developing talent, and solving problems
- Implement the qualities that make an effective leader
- Address real-world managerial problems in customer service, cost budgeting, cost cutting, and vendor relations Each of these self-paced courses offers an assortment of interactive exercises, selected readings, and self-assessments. It is recommended that students complete the courses in sequential order, but students are able to access all seven courses at any time. Upon completion, learners are given a summary of what they've learned for quick reference while at work.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.