Management Skills for New Managers
The Best Selling Programme for New Managers. Get all the key management skills that you need to be a great manager.
- Are you a new manager or you want to update your skills?
- Do you want to learn the key skills that every manager needs?
- How can you lead your projects and motivate your team to achieve your goals and get things done in time?
- How do you communicate to your different stakeholders?
- How can you grow in your role and your career?
Register to this intensive 3-day training for new managers focused on practical learning, designed and facilitated by business people that understand your challenges and will guide you to find effective solutions.
Your immediate takeway:
- Discover how to adjust your management style to the different memebers of your team
- Learn about motivation, delegation, coaching, communication, performance management and leadership
- Become aware of your personal weaknesses and learn to play to your strengths to your advantage.
This training programme for newly appointed managers combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will grow your management skills. You will gain a wider perspective of management practice through breakout sessions, exercises, and case applications.
How will you benefit?
After taking this programme, you will be able to:
- Fully understand your management roles and responsibilities
- Improve communication with your team and set expectations for yourself and your direct reports
- Adapt your leadership style to meet the needs of individual team members
- Communicate organizational goals that get results
- Apply delegation strategies to increase productivity and motivation
- Use effective coaching techniques to maximize your team’s performance
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practice using real-world examples and role plays over 3 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
This 3 day programme is highly interactive with exercises and role plays. Programme Highlights:
Your Role as Manager
- Identify qualities and abilities required for effective management
- Understand your role and responsibilities as manager
- Learn to transition from individual contributor to manager
- Know how to work effectively with a multigenerational workforce
- Understand the nuances when managing remote teams and across the matrix
- Identify the challenges to effective performance management
- Understand and conduct performance planning, facilitation and evaluation
- Practice the skill of setting goals, providing effective feedback and conducting alignment discussions
- Recognize what effective communication really is
- Understand the communication process
- Know the barriers that can cause derailment and misunderstanding
- Identify the relative importance of face-to-face communication
- Get a firm grasp of the five building blocks of managerial communication
- Learn to match the right communication method with your communication goal
- Identify the challenges and practices when communicating virtually
Understanding and Appreciating Leadership: The Art of Influencing Others
- How to develop people, value differences and encourage honest communication
- Develop your leadership style to gain commitment from employees
- Match your leadership style to your developmental needs and task at hand
Coaching for Performance
- How does coaching develop, enhance and achieve goals
- Know the requirements and importance of coaching
- Practice coaching and correcting difficult and challenging behaviours
- Identify the differences between coaching and discipline
Creating a Motivational Climate
- Define motivation and your role in creating a motivational setting
- The cost of demotivation and disengagement
- Recognize important elements of the motivational process
- Create your own practice for building a motivational climate
Delegation for Growth and Development
- Understand the different types of delegation
- Know the benefits and challenges of delegation
- Recognize your comfort with delegation
- How to conduct an effective delegation conversation
- Practice your delegation skills
Who should attend
If you are a Manager with 1 to 3 years of experience who wants to improve its management skills, this programme is for you.
Some of the management positions that usually attend to this business strategy training course are:
- Newly appointed Managers in the different business units and departments (Sales, Marketing, Operations, Accounting & Finance, HR)