Management Skills for New Managers
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with MCE.Full disclaimer.
The Best Selling Programme for New Managers. Get all the key management skills that you need to be a great manager.
- Are you a new manager or you want to update your skills?
- Do you want to learn the key skills that every manager needs?
- How can you lead your projects and motivate your team to achieve your goals and get things done in time?
- How do you communicate to your different stakeholders?
- How can you grow in your role and your career?
Register to this intensive 3-day training for new managers focused on practical learning, designed and facilitated by business people that understand your challenges and will guide you to find effective solutions.
Your immediate takeway:
- Discover how to adjust your management style to the different memebers of your team
- Learn about motivation, delegation, coaching, communication, performance management and leadership
- Become aware of your personal weaknesses and learn to play to your strengths to your advantage.
This training programme for newly appointed managers combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will grow your management skills. You will gain a wider perspective of management practice through breakout sessions, exercises, and case applications.
How will you benefit?
After taking this programme, you will be able to:
- Fully understand your management roles and responsibilities
- Improve communication with your team and set expectations for yourself and your direct reports
- Adapt your leadership style to meet the needs of individual team members
- Communicate organizational goals that get results
- Apply delegation strategies to increase productivity and motivation
- Use effective coaching techniques to maximize your team’s performance
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practice using real-world examples and role plays over 3 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
This 3 day programme is highly interactive with exercises and role plays. Programme Highlights:
Your Role as Manager
- Identify qualities and abilities required for effective management
- Understand your role and responsibilities as manager
- Learn to transition from individual contributor to manager
- Know how to work effectively with a multigenerational workforce
- Understand the nuances when managing remote teams and across the matrix
- Identify the challenges to effective performance management
- Understand and conduct performance planning, facilitation and evaluation
- Practice the skill of setting goals, providing effective feedback and conducting alignment discussions
- Recognize what effective communication really is
- Understand the communication process
- Know the barriers that can cause derailment and misunderstanding
- Identify the relative importance of face-to-face communication
- Get a firm grasp of the five building blocks of managerial communication
- Learn to match the right communication method with your communication goal
- Identify the challenges and practices when communicating virtually
Understanding and Appreciating Leadership: The Art of Influencing Others
- How to develop people, value differences and encourage honest communication
- Develop your leadership style to gain commitment from employees
- Match your leadership style to your developmental needs and task at hand
Coaching for Performance
- How does coaching develop, enhance and achieve goals
- Know the requirements and importance of coaching
- Practice coaching and correcting difficult and challenging behaviours
- Identify the differences between coaching and discipline
Creating a Motivational Climate
- Define motivation and your role in creating a motivational setting
- The cost of demotivation and disengagement
- Recognize important elements of the motivational process
- Create your own practice for building a motivational climate
Delegation for Growth and Development
- Understand the different types of delegation
- Know the benefits and challenges of delegation
- Recognize your comfort with delegation
- How to conduct an effective delegation conversation
- Practice your delegation skills
Who should attend
If you are a Manager with 1 to 3 years of experience who wants to improve its management skills, this programme is for you.
Some of the management positions that usually attend to this business strategy training course are:
- Newly appointed Managers in the different business units and departments (Sales, Marketing, Operations, Accounting & Finance, HR)