Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
If you are a Manager with up to 3 years of experience who wants to improve your management skills, this programme is right for you. Typical participants are newly appointed Managers in the different business units and departments (Sales, Marketing, Operations, Accounting & Finance, HR, Manufacturing etc)
About the course
Join 1000's of Managers who have taken part in MCE's Best Selling Programme. Are you a new manager with up to 3 years' experience? Do you want to become a great manager? Are you unclear about expectations in your new role? Do you need to learn how to motivate disengaged employees who lack initiative? How can you be better at delegating?
Join “Management Skills for New Managers” and get all the key management skills that you need to be a great manager today.
MCE's programmes are business focussed, hands-on and practical. You will practice what you learn and interact with other managers from many industries and countries through breakout sessions, exercises, and case studies…
What will you learn and practice?
- Learn how to adjust your management style to the different members of your team
- Learn about motivation, delegation, coaching, communication, performance management and leadership
- Become aware of your personal weaknesses and learn to play to your strengths to your advantage.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will be able to:
- Fully understand your management roles and responsibilities
- Improve communication with your team and set expectations for yourself and your direct reports
- Adapt your leadership style to meet the needs of individual team members
- Communicate organizational goals that get results
- Apply delegation strategies to increase productivity and motivation
- Use effective coaching techniques to maximize your team’s performance
During the programme you will:
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers with similar challenges like you from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practice using real-world examples and role plays over 3 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
Management Skills for New Managers is a 3-day hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with management experience in international companies.
Your Role as Manager
- Identify qualities and abilities required for effective management
- Understand your role and responsibilities as manager
- Learn to transition from individual contributor to manager
- Know how to work effectively with a multigenerational workforce
- Understand the nuances when managing remote teams and across the matrix
- Identify the challenges to effective performance management
- Understand and conduct performance planning, facilitation and evaluation
- Practice the skill of setting goals, providing effective feedback and conducting alignment discussions
- Recognize what effective communication really is
- Understand the communication process
- Know the barriers that can cause derailment and misunderstanding
- Identify the relative importance of face-to-face communication
- Get a firm grasp of the five building blocks of managerial communication
- Learn to match the right communication method with your communication goal
- Identify the challenges and practices when communicating virtually
Understanding and Appreciating Leadership: The Art of Influencing Others
- How to develop people, value differences and encourage honest communication
- Develop your leadership style to gain commitment from employees
- Match your leadership style to your developmental needs and task at hand
Coaching for Performance
- How does coaching develop, enhance and achieve goals
- Know the requirements and importance of coaching
- Practice coaching and correcting difficult and challenging behaviours
- Identify the differences between coaching and discipline
Creating a Motivational Climate
- Define motivation and your role in creating a motivational setting
- The cost of demotivation and disengagement
- Recognize important elements of the motivational process
- Create your own practice for building a motivational climate
Delegation for Growth and Development
- Understand the different types of delegation
- Know the benefits and challenges of delegation
- Recognize your comfort with delegation
- How to conduct an effective delegation conversation
- Practice your delegation skills
Bettina Hausmann helps professionals optimise their Communication and Leadership skills for improved results. She has twenty years’ experience advising high-level corporate and public clients, and longs training experience. Bettina is a qualified executive coach. Professional background Bettina ...
Rajeev Aggarwal has 24 years of international corporate experience in various Leadership and Sales roles, which he combines with 11 years of successful experience in Management Development and Coaching . While working on senior management positions for MNCs like PepsiCo, Frito-Lay International, ...
Stephane brings to MCE more than 30 years of leadership experience in the natural resource extraction and product manufacturing industries with exposure to joint-ventures, affiliate management, large operations and projects. He covered a broad line management scope, including Managing Director an...
Videos and materials
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.