Management of Creativity & Innovation
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Calcutta.Full disclaimer.
There is an old Chinese saying - May you live in interesting times! It is considered both a curse and a blessing depending upon how one looks at it and consequently what course of action one adopts. There is no doubt that at the turn of the new century (millennium, if you please), consequent to the emergence of an increasingly globalised and liberalised business environment, Indian managers are living in interesting times.
One of the most important aspects which is going to decide whether these interesting times turn out to be a blessing or a curse is an organisation’s record in innovation - its ability to tap the creative potential of its employees and to translate that into innovation at the corporate level; and its ability to compete and excel on the basis of innovative products and services.
The name of the game now, for the successful organisation, is to constantly reinvent itself. This takes the organisation away from the command and control mentality and generates a culture where everybody contributes creatively to enhancing organisational effectiveness, both at present and in the future. What it all translates in real terms is that the organisation has to encourage its employees to think; and think creatively. It also means that not only a select band of people, as was the case earlier, from R&D or similar departments, but people across the organisation are involved in the process of innovation.
This course hopes to initiate and add to such a process of innovation in Indian organisations. It is based on the assumption that all employees have creative potential, which can be harnessed and managed to lead to innovation and excellence for the organisation.
This course has been offered for last 15 years in many editions in open Management Development Programme format and also In-company format for specific clients.
The programme has four broad objectives:
- To develop a critical appreciation of concepts related to creativity and management of creativity and innovation.
- To help the participants assess their own creative potential, to identify the various blocks to realise this creative potential, and to guide them to develop a personal agenda for overcoming these blocks.
- To train the participants in creative problem solving methods.
- To develop an appreciation among the participants about the organisational context of creativity and innovation so that they can work towards making their own organisations into creative workplaces which come out with innovation on a sustained basis.
- Creative Personality
- Creative Process
- Creative Problem Solving Techniques
- Creativity in Organisational Context
- Innovation in the Organisational Context