Management of Commercial Contracts & Public Private Partnership
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.Full disclaimer.
Effective management of Commercial Contracts is a daunting task requiring adequate and practical COMMERCIAL KNOWEDGE, more so in the current context of Globalization & increasing emphasis on public Private partnerships in infrastructure contracts.
To tackle the complications in trans-national trade & contracts, a host of International Institutions & Conventions such as FIDIC, WTO, ICC, UNCITRAL, UNCTAD, WCO, WB/IMF, UN/EDIFACT, etc., have introduced several rules, regulations and models for various types of Commercial Contracts. These are intended to bring about uniformity in understanding of commercial contracts and international trade
This course aims at familiarizing the participants in all relevant aspects of applied General Commercial Knowledge in Management of Commercial Contracts and Public Private Partnerships issues through topic by topic exposition, Self-Instruction Exercises, Case Studies / Role-play and Query Clarifications. The faculty team will consist of renowned academicians, practicing professionals & specialists
- Overview of Commercial Contracts: Types & Kinds of Contracts.
- Basic Concepts and Contractual Risk Perceptions; Drafting of Good Commercial Contracts.
- International Commercial Terms (INCOTERMS ICC 2010).
- COMBITERMS 2010 (Cost allocation under INCOTERMS).
- Warranty, Guarantee, Condition, Essence, Performance, etc.
- Force majeure, Variations/Escalations, Re-let, Riskpurchase.
- Practical Issues on Penalty and L.D.
- Arbitration & Dispute Settlement.
- Varoius types of long duration contracts such as BOOT, BOT, BOLT etc and PPP.
- Contracts involving I P R & Royalty such as Software & Related service Contracts
- Contract Models: ICC, UNCITRAL, FIDIC etc.
- Interface of Contract Issues with WCO, WTO, etc..
- Negotiable Instruments& Payment Mechanism: Letters of Credit such as ICC UCP600/URC 522
- Tax Issues in Contracts: Customs, excise, sales tax, services tax, VAT.GST etc
- Commercial Terminologies.
ICC: International Chamber of Commerce; UNCITRAL: United Nations Commission on International Trade Law; FIDIC: Federation Internationale des Ingenieurs Conseils; WCO: World Customs Organisation; EDIFACT: Electronic Data Interchange For Administration, Commerce & Transport
Who should attend
Senior executives of Public & Private sectors, handling contracts, projects, finance, planning costing, materials, imports, exports, collaboration, R&D marketing, expansion, diversification, infrastructure projects etc.