Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is designed for those responsible for managing projects in the supply chain and logistics environment as well as those interested in learning about industry frameworks, best practices, and terminology in project management as well as supply chain management. This course is also appropriate for veterans and transitioning military personnel in that it provides a great environment for understanding how military planning and logistics skills can be transitioned to commercial application.
About the course
Supply Chain Management projects can span a wide range of project types including supply chain strategy, network analysis, facility design build, supply chain technology selection and implementation, and continuous process improvement initiatives. This course provides an overview of project management methodologies as applied in the supply chain environment. Class discussion and projects provide an understanding of how fundamental project management approaches and industry best practices can be used to effectively manage the complexities. Supply chain projects typically require managing resources, stakeholder alignment, risk management, customer impact, and effective communication across many internal and external business partners.
What You Will Learn
- The impact of supply-chain projects
- Leading project methodologies
- The Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Project requirements and expectations
How You Will Benefit
- Develop the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for supply-chain projects.
- Identify the critical path for a project from its network diagram.
- Be able to form and deploy a supply-chain project team.
- Understand how to assess, manage, and mitigate project risk.
- Properly monitor, control, and close the project.
OVERVIEW OF LEADING PROJECT MANAGEMENT METHODOLOGIES & CERTIFICATIONS
TYPES OF SUPPLY CHAIN PROJECTS – PROCESS/FUNCTIONAL IMPACTS
PMBOK KNOWLEDGE AREAS IN CONTEXT OF SUPPLY CHAIN PROJECTS
- Estimating cost, duration, and resources
- Resource management and developing dependency diagrams
- Traditional phases of a supply chain project
- Developing the work breakdown structure for supply chain projects
- Defining, assessing, and mitigating risk
- Monitoring and controlling the project plan
- Closing the project
OVERVIEW OF BUSINESS PROCESS ANALYSIS AND THE SCOR MODEL
THE USE OF SOFTWARE TO SUPPORT PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Mr. Brown has over 30 years of experience in supply chain management operations and services as an operations manager, consultant, educator, and executive recruiter. Tim was appointed as Managing Director in the Georgia Tech Supply Chain & Logistics Institute (SCL). SCL is a unit of Georgia ...
John Szoke, Lean Deployment Executive Having joined LeanCor in 2010, John brings 15 years of hands-on supply chain experience to his role as a Lean Deployment Executive. In his current position, John works with organizations on end to end consulting projects to understand and advance their suppl...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.