Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Darden School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Prepare for new or increasing management roles by expanding your knowledge across organizational functions.
- Overcome the barriers that prevent emergent leaders from fully embracing their positions.
- Connect corporate strategy, departmental goals and daily objectives.
- Leverage lean thinking and operational efficiency to help your organization run more smoothly.
Reveal your true potential with this bootcamp-style immersion in the principles of organizational management.
- Review and analyze the interplay of the core components of business: finance, marketing, operations, strategy and organizational leadership.
- Expand your perspective across organizational functions, and develop the managerial habits to support new initiatives on departmental and corporate levels.
- Gain a fundamental understanding of basic financial statements, marketing metrics, performance assessment methods, and strategic business models.
OUTCOMES & IMPACT
- Identify how your work adds value and develop a personal action plan that applies those insights to current challenges and sets the stage for your continued learning and development.
- Understand interdependencies between functions and learn how to collaborate across functions to maximize effectiveness.
- Assess performance across your team and plan targeted improvements.
- Leverage your role as a manager to facilitate collaboration and better understanding and execution against organizational goals.
Who should attend
This program is designed for:
- Managers with fewer than six years of management experience.
- Other managerial candidates ready to expand their responsibilities and adopt a more broad-reaching managerial mindset.
It's best for those newly empowered to lead teams or business units, and high-potential individuals who want to build expertise in strategy, operations, finance and leadership.
Trust the experts
Mary Margaret Frank
Education: B.S., MAcc, Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Associate Professor of Business Administration Mary Margaret Frank teaches in the Accounting area at the University of Virginia Darden School of Business. In addition to holding the Samuel A. Lewis Sr. Faculty Fellowship, ...
Education: B.A., Miami University; MBA, Ph.D., Michigan State University Scott Snell is a professor of business administration at the University of Virginia's Darden Graduate School of Business. He teaches courses in Leadership, Developing Organizational Capability, and Human Capital Consulting....
Education: B.S., Boston University; MA, University of Michigan; Ph.D., Yale University Tom Steenburgh is the Paul M. Hammaker Professor of Business Administration at the Darden Graduate School of Business. He is the course head for the First Year Marketing course in the MBA program and is the f...
Education: B.S., B.A., MBA, Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania Oliver Wight Professor of Business Administration Elliott N. Weiss teaches in the Technology and Operations Management area at Darden. He is the author of numerous articles in the areas of production and operations management and has...