This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
This programme on standardisation will increase participants’ awareness of the nature, impact and benefits of standards to markets and society, improving the ability to contribute to company performance and public welfare. Students, whether they are engineers, economists, lawyers, business managers or administrators in government will be the ones to gain the most advantage from the MDPSO. Knowledge, skills, attitudes and experience in standardisation add value to professionals and roles in a large variety of fields. MDPSO does not target a particular group of learners as the knowledge gained from the programme can be applied to any scope of employment.
After completing this six month programme, managers, professionals and practitioners in the public and private sector should be able to increase the participants’ awareness of the nature, impact and benefits of standards and standardisation to markets and society, improving the ability to contribute to company performance and public welfare. In particular managers should be able to:
- Understand standardisation for local and international competitiveness.
- Use standards in strategy. development and implementation
- Implement, manage and optimise the performance and value of standards.
- Participate in various local and international forums for standards development and improvement.
- Train and mentor subordinates in standards management.
- Understand and manage the processes of conformity assessments and compliance.
- Identify opportunities for standarisation.
Who should attend
Participants in the MDPSO must have a Matric and three years’ relevant managerial experience. Alternatively a portfolio of evidence of prior learning will be considered based on Unisa’s policy requirements for short learning programmes. The following would benefit from the programme:
- General Managers
- Business Systems Managers
- Quality Managers
- Systems Auditors
- Compliance Managers
- Standards Developers
- Senior Managers
- Technical Committee Members
- Standards Researchers
- Strategy Managers
- International Trade Practitioners