Management Development Programme in Asian Hospitality
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Nanyang Business School.Full disclaimer.
Over the next decade, the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) predicts Asia’s travel and tourism industry will grow by more than 6% each year. This will be the fastest expansion rate of any region in the world. By 2020, Asian travelers will account for nearly one-half of all global tourism expenditures and out of the 70 million new jobs the industry will create globally in the next 10 years, about two-thirds (47 million) will be in Asia. With the rapid growth in Asia’s tourism industry, the hotel markets in China, India and across Asia have enjoyed tremendous growth and are poised to continue this growth. There is also a critical need to attract, retain and develop talent and to equip hospitality executives with cutting-edge management skills in Asian hospitality, particularly at the leadership level.
Custom designed for seasoned managers and executives in the Asian hospitality industry, this programme delivers an invigorating blend of business fundamentals, strategy concepts and leadership skills in the setting of contemporary Asian hospitality industry.
As the world of hospitality revolves around satisfying guest needs and providing quality service, the core theme of the programme emphasises having a clear perspective of service quality and customer experience which contribute to business success. It aims to expand the horizon of participants on the how and why of hospitality business, with unique emphasis on leadership acceleration and business excellence.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of different industry practices and customs in order to improve customer engagement and provide an exceptional customer experience journey.
- Learn how to use data modelling techniques to develop useful insights and predictions on consumer trends, supply and demand, as well as pricing and profitability forecasts.
- Turn potential obstacles into opportunities through customer-centred innovations that will enhance business performance and customer satisfaction level.
- Gain insights on strategic, operational and human resource aspects of the organisation through case studies.
Built around academic rigor and relevance, this programme incorporates site visits for first-hand experience, and provides the opportunity to engage with prominent industry leaders through panel discussions.
The programme consist of two 3-day segments with a 1-month interval in between.
What sets this programme apart is its action-orientation through the integration of an Executive Challenge, real-life leadership and business issues. The Executive Challenge enables participants to:
- Identify a current real-life challenge they face at the workplace.
- Tackle the challenge through processes learnt over the course.
- Execute an action plan to overcome the challenge.
Who should attend
With a focus on Asian Hospitality, this bespoke programme is designed for the next generation of leaders who want to further expand their knowledge and develop their skills for progression into higher leadership positions.
Typical participants are Department Managers / Directors in the respective job functions:
- Front Office
- Food & Beverage
- Sales & Marketing