Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This program is designed for mid- to senior-level managers who are undertaking more cross-functional leadership roles at the executive level.
About the course
The Management Development Program: Leading in the Digital Age will help you gain an enterprise perspective to make more informed, strategic decisions for driving organizational growth and transformation.
Management Development Program: Leading in the Digital Age will help you gain an enterprise perspective to make more informed, strategic decisions for driving organizational growth and transformation.
- Prepare for executive leadership by broadening your understanding of how all aspects of your organization can work together.
- Manage and leverage disruption while leading digital transformation within your organization.
- Build a portfolio of proven strategies to grow profits, improve efficiency, inspire employees and promote collaboration between teams.
- Discover the connection between wellness, energy management and performance, and learn how be your best self.
- Embrace the many interconnected roles you play as a Modern Global Leader, and how each is critical to your success.
Management Development Program: Leading in the Digital Age is designed for high-potential, experienced managers who demonstrate the capability to lead at the highest levels. Virtual and in-person modules, a digital transformation project and a cross-functional, enterprise perspective of management make this a powerful next step in your leadership development. It's a six-month, integrated learning experience carefully engineered to create an immediate impact.
BE PREPARED TO...
- Deepen expertise in accounting, finance, operations, strategy and marketing.
- Learn to formulate strategies to manage the most complex challenges facing businesses today, including organizational change, a fluctuating global economy, digital disruptors such as fintech and blockchain, and competition from established and emerging players.
- Get a personalized leadership assessment and mind/body wellness profile that will reveal the character strengths and lifestyle habits that will help you achieve and sustain peak performance.
- Participate in optional daily wellness activities to kickstart your lifestyle changes.
- Explore challenges and best practices with your network of peers, and identify opportunities to apply them to your own organization.
There are no prerequisites for participation. Advanced preparation includes:
- Pre-reading Case Studies
- Intro webinar
- Wellness Surveys
The selected case studies, assessments, and exercises will be sent prior to the program for all participants to read and prepare for discussion on the first day of the course.
Opening Session- meet your faculty and cohort, get an overview of the program structure and dive right in to begin applying new concepts
Module 1 - Self-Paced Virtual Module Strengthening Your Core
- Work weekly to prepare for the extended learning journey. Plan for approximately 1 hour per week.
- Hone your financial literacy
- Build on the foundations of strategy to expand your ability to think more strategically and analytically
- Improve your decision quality with data analytics
- Learn to communicate more effectively to create organizational alignment
- Leverage customer insights to identify unmet needs and create competitive advantage
- Assess the competitive position of your own organization
Module 2 - In-person Immersion Integrating and Applying
- Integrate learnings from virtual core module
- Challenge assumptions & learn the power of data visualization
- Leverage data analytics to drive change
- Learn the principles of a digital transformation strategy
- Prepare for your virtual team project
Module 3 - Virtual Business Challenge Project
If your organization is bringing a team, ask about working together to analyze your own company around a strategic challenge or opportunity
- Design a challenge project working virtually with your team
- Collaborate with a faculty mentor to develop your team's approach
- Intersperse working sessions with synchronous updates on current digital transformation and/or other strategy concepts
- Learn the finer points of working effectively across virtual teams
Module 4 - In-person Immersion Putting Plans Into Action
- Formulate more persuasive presentations that effectively influence and align stakeholders
- Master digital strategy concepts like blockchain, cybersecurity, AI and machine learning
- Mobilize your team to drive exceptional results
- Envision how digital disruption and advanced analytics can be leveraged as an advantage for your organization
- Develop confidence in the quality of your decision-making
- Take advantage of individual coaching to identify your personal strengths and leadership style
Outcomes & Impact
- Develop a 360° view of your organization, gauging impact of external forces in achieving business objectives.
- Lead, innovate and navigate through ambiguity, considering impact to the entire organization.
- Leverage digital technology and data analytics to improve processes, creating greater value through innovative thinking and actions.
- Understand the interconnection between strategy and financial performance, examining how and why key metrics link to organizational strategy.
- Identify and seize strategic opportunities to drive change and growth.
- Effectively engage with and influence stakeholders to create alignment around new strategic initiatives.
- Cultivate a high-performance culture within your organization.
- Supercharge your personal and professional development in tandem with that of your organization.
Wellness Program Coordinator, Darden School; Health Risk Reduction Services Coordinator, UVA Health System A registered dietician with a Master of Public Health, Bodily develops and delivers health, fitness and nutrition interventions and programs for public and corporate clients, including scho...
Education : B.S., MS, University of Virginia; Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology Professor Lenox was appointed to the Tayloe Murphy Professorship in Business Administration at the University of Virginia''s Darden School of Business, where he teaches the core MBA strategy course. He als...
Education: B.E., Computer Science, University of Madras, India; Ph.D., Marketing, University of Houston Professor of Business Administration Rajkumar Venkatesan teaches Marketing Technology Products, Marketing Strategy, and Marketing Analytics at Darden. Venkatesan''s research focuses on ana...
Education: B.S. Ed., The University of Tennessee, Knoxville; MEd, Kent State University; Ed.D., Lehigh University Assistant Professor June West teaches First-Year Management Communication in the MBA program at Darden and Second-Year electives in special topics in organizational communication. ...
Education: B.S., MBA, East Carolina University; Ph.D., Purdue University Robert Carraway teaches Quantitative Analysis courses in Darden's MBA program. Carraway has co-written a quantitative analysis case book as well as a number of papers and Darden cases on the topic. Carraway joined the Darde...
Education: B.S., Bethel College; MBA, Santa Clara University; Ph.D., Stanford University Associate Professor of Business Administration Joseph W. Harder teaches in the Organizational Behavior area at the Darden School. His research interests include distributive and procedural justice in organiz...
Education: B.A., MAcc, University of Florida; Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin; CPA Paul J. Simko''s research centers broadly on issues related to financial accounting information; he has received numerous national and university recognitions for his work. Simko is particularly interested in...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.