Who should attend
Participants will either be moving into a general management position, or may have recently done so, or they come from a functional or technical role and are looking for management experience.
About the course
This program introduces new managers to a broad spectrum of management knowledge, providing them with practical support and helping them accelerate their growth in their organization.
The program’s key topics include leadership, strategy, finance and innovation & disruption. Participants will be provided with a range of opportunities to apply learnings, including acting workshops as well as a unique computer-based simulation.
The simulation is designed to test how managers would cope if they inherited a struggling business in desperate need of leadership. Competing in teams, participants will have to make difficult business decisions to try to positively impact their stock price.
Learning Outcomes for Participants:
At the end of this program participants will be able to:
- Recognize their preferred working and management style, and learn how to combine it with that of others
- Improve their appreciation of how to build effective teams that deliver results
- Have difficult conversations and make their first strategic organizational decision.
- Develop their awareness and understanding of different elements that make a business, and how they interact.
Learning Outcomes for Organizations:
- Organizations can expect participants to actively demonstrate new levels of awareness, skills and acumen upon returning to their roles.
- Participants will have a greater positive impact on their teams and their organization’s performance.
- This program is proven to accelerate managers into leadership roles with confidence.
Paul Griffith has a focus in strategy, innovation, marketing and entrepreneurship. He works with organisations in the private and public sector such as: Astra Zeneca, Barclays Bank, Coral - Gala, Erste Bank, Imperial Tobacco, KPN, PPG Industries, Senior, Skanska, Dubai Government. As the Head of ...
Steve Seymour teaches finance on a variety of Ashridge custom and open programmes. Steve teaches and consults with a range of organisations internationally including CRH, Fenner, JTI, OMV, Philips, and Sinopec. Steve joined Ashridge from PowerGen (now e.on), where he was CFO for one of the compa...
Stephan Schubert is a faculty member at Ashridge where he is a leading contributor to executive development programmes in the Middle East. Stephan has extensive experience in many key industries, including energy, telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, construction, professional services and govern...
Ilze specializes in leadership and management development at top, senior and middle levels. Her focus areas include the interface between leadership, teamwork, change and strategy implementation. She has a special interest in helping individuals gain greater self-awareness in order to understand ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.