Management Development Program
Transitioning into a new senior or management position often requires developing a broad set of knowledge and skills to equip you for your new role. Accelerate your growth by expanding your business acumen, learning how to lead high-performance teams and influence at all levels within your organization.
On the Management Development Program, our practitioner faculty will help you understand your personal leadership style and how to maximize your ability to motivate others. You’ll study topics across leadership, strategy, and finance, and apply your learning in immersive simulations that mimic real challenges you’re likely to face.
- Leadership: Learn how to adapt your own leadership approach to motivate your team and deliver excellence
- Strategy: Understand strategy and how creative solutions are formed, and develop a strong personal and team management process to ensure seamless execution
- Business foundations: Learn key financial principles and build confidence in contributing to business-shaping discussions
The Management Development Program introduces new managers to a broad spectrum of management knowledge, provides practical support, and helps accelerate their growth in your organization. Key topics include leadership, strategy, finance, and marketing.
This general management program provides a range of opportunities for participants to immediately test and apply their learning. Managers’ accumulated learning is put to the test in our unique computer-based simulation, designed to see how they would cope if they inherited a business with an existing trading history which was desperate for new leadership in order to stay competitive. Competing in teams, participants will make difcult business decisions that require the application of their learning from across the program to positively afect their stock price. Throughout, unexpected disruptions will rock each team’s progress, forcing them to recalibrate.
As a participant, you will:
- Recognize your preferred working and management style, and learn how to combine it with that of others
- Improve your appreciation of how to build efective teams that deliver results
- Develop your awareness and understanding of the purpose of diferent elements of a business and how they interact
Managers will return to work with a greater awareness of your business and how their role afects the wider organization. The program’s safe and supportive environment is the perfect place for new managers to experiment, have difcult conversations, make their first strategic organizational decisions, and become far more aware of others and themselves. This program is proven to accelerate new managers into their first leadership role with confidence.
Who should attend
Participants may have recently entered a management position from a specialized functional or technical role. They are looking to develop new skills to enable them to undertake their new management responsibilities, and are seeking to improve their knowledge and expand their skill set to broaden their business expertise and develop their effectiveness as a strategist and people leader.