Who should attend
The program is designed for driven and ambitious professionals across industries and functional domains, including sales, marketing, engineering, finance, operations and technology.
Candidates with the following backgrounds are recommended to apply:
High potential professionals across industries, who have been entrusted with increasing responsibilities and are looking to accelerate their career growth
Entrepreneurs and those contemplating launching a start-up will expand their ability to take their organizations to the next level of success
Program is suitable for working professionals with:
- High-quality experience with significant responsibilities and a demonstrated career progression in a corporate or entrepreneurial environment
- A minimum of 7+ years of work experience
- An undergraduate degree with a strong academic track-record is preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience in leading teams and managing projects/ products/ people (preferred but not required)
About the course
UCLA Management Acceleration Program (UCLA MAP) is a global program for high potential and emerging leaders looking to drive the growth of their organizations and achieve remarkable career success.
UCLA MAP is a comprehensive General Management Program for working professionals offered by UCLA Anderson School of Management exclusively online. The one-year program offers business essentials for managers and executives looking to accelerate their career trajectories by developing management skills that will drive outstanding results in their current organizations.
The program’s modular and online format provides great flexibility in your learning journey and allows you to pursue the program alongside a full-time career. Designed and delivered by world-renowned UCLA Anderson faculty, the program covers all the functional areas of management.
Attending UCLA MAP will:
- Provide you with a Birkman Assessment – a deep-dive, personalized leadership report
- Help you identify key areas of improvement and develop a personal plan
- Develop your self-awareness and effectiveness
- Enhance your organizational leadership and business skills
- Enable you to identify and maximize your organization’s strategic competitive advantage
- Ensure that you challenge ideas and test assumptions at work
- Drive you to analyze and optimize the performance of your business
- Help manage your career & personal brand
- Make you more visible to recruiters opening up wider career opportunities
As a graduate of the UCLA MAP Program, you will earn the coveted UCLA MAP alumni status as well as joining a thriving global network of UCLA Anderson Executive Education alumni.
You also receive the benefits listed below:
- Receive The UCLA Management Acceleration Program certificate from the UCLA Anderson School of Management
- Inclusion in UCLA MAP Alumni Directory
- Ability to join UCLA Executive Education LinkedIn Group and UCLA MAP LinkedIn Group
- Invitation to all UCLA Anderson Executive Education events in your region, that occur globally thanks to the efforts of the school and/or alumni and partners.
- Receive Dean’s Quarterly Newsletter
- Receive Anderson Assets (the school’s official online publication)
UCLA MAP exposes participants to management and business leadership essentials in an extensive general management curriculum that is experiential in learning and applied in focus. The participants will form a community that is composed of highly driven individuals who want to become business leaders and are investing in their own growth and development. Everyone in this community is striving to reach new heights in their careers and mutual support from peers reinforces the support and guidance provided by UCLA Anderson Executive Education.
UCLA Anderson has been offering executive education programs since 1954. For over 60 years, our programs have met the highest educational standards founded in the excellence of our world-renowned faculty’s research and teaching. Now UCLA MAP delivers the same elite experience to a global audience.
Comprehensive curriculum with a flexible format that allows you to learn when and where you want.
Learn from accomplished senior faculty members from the UCLA Anderson School of Management.
Live interaction with faculty and collaboration with a global network of high achieving peers.
Master skills, strategies and best practices that you can start applying to your career right away.
The UCLA MAP curriculum immerses participants in the functional knowledge of management essentials required for the operation of a world-class business organization, and delivers insights into the latest issues facing businesses and how these are being resolved in different industries and geographies. Participants hone analytical problem-solving skills required to address critical business issues.
Intense work, led by world-class faculty and a comprehensive curriculum, challenges your potential and paves the way for you to maximize your capabilities. The goal is to develop you into a strong management professional with relevant skills for your sector, industry and functional area so that you can contribute actively to the overall growth of your organization. The program structure outlined below is subject to periodic curriculum review and the modules taught are subject to change in content and coverage.
- Business Acumen: Management Foundations
- Strategy and Innovation
- Data and Analytics
- Global Leadership
- Leadership and Communications
- Leading in an Entrepreneurial Environment
- Financial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Managing Global Businesses
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.