Who should attend
- Senior operations executives looking to inspire thought leadership in manufacturing footprint development across complex organisations.
- Mid-level operations managers and executives who lead strategic change programmes in global manufacturing.
- Strategic analysts and internal consultants who support major strategic change programmes.
- High potential functional leaders and managers who are seeking to develop awareness of the important global, enterprise-level strategic challenges that the business is facing.
About the course
This online course will help you to reconfigure your company’s international footprint of manufacturing activities to deliver real business impact.
What you will learn
- Understand manufacturing core competencies and supply strategies by deploying structured “make-or-buy” tools
- Design a global manufacturing and supply network, considering plant roles and network coordination principles, scenario development and evaluation
- Explore network reconfiguration projects that deliver the strategic vision, involving manufacturing location decisions, insourcing and outsourcing, and transferring production.
- During the course you will also:
- Consider the impact of market and technological drivers.
- Review the latest approaches to advanced analysis that help to guide high level strategic principles and ongoing footprint development.
- Gain practical insights into how the tools have helped leading companies develop competitive advantage through footprint transformation.
Format Delivered in four 3.5-hour online sessions across 4 days, course material is presented using the latest virtual interactive environments, including breakout rooms to facilitate discussions between delegates to aid learning. Course attendance is limited to ten delegates in total to ensure good interaction and deep learning (so early booking is recommended).
WHY? Strategic roadmapping: aligning footprint strategy with business and technology drivers.
WHAT? Make-or-buy: understanding manufacturing core competences, areas for supply partnerships and low cost sourcing.
WHERE? Global network design: designing plant roles and network coordination principles.
HOW? Strategy into action: creating manufacturing mobility for moving towards a footprint vision.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.