Who should attend
- Current and prospective directors of family businesses; family as well as independent.
- Family business consultants and advisors
About the course
Directors of family-controlled businesses have to address unique challenges. They need to understand the overlapping features of family and business to perform their responsibilities. This programme will enable participants to be effective board members.
- Appreciation of the challenges of governing a family business
- Developing capabilities to become effective beyond the fiduciary responsibilities
- How to contribute to the building of a sustainable business
- An understanding of the role of the board of directors to be an effective director
The program will equip the directors of family businesses to carry out their responsibilities towards the growth and perpetuity of the business. The following topics will be covered:
- The uniqueness of Family Businesses and their implications for the board
- Governance- family as well as business and their interaction
- Professionalization challenges of board
- Succession and leadership transition – board as a facilitator
- Roles and responsibilities of the board
- Complying with statutory rules and regulations and ensuring managerial accountability to shareholders
Professor Kavil Ramachandran, a founding faculty set up the Wadhwani Centre for Entrepreneurship Development at the ISB in 2001. Later, he was the Associate Dean (Academic Programmes) before becoming the Thomas Schmidheiny Chair Professor of Family Business and Wealth Management. Currently, he ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.