Making Better Decisions With Business Analytics

Sauder School of Business

Sauder School of Business

Disclaimer

Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with any business school or university.

Full disclaimer.

Read more about Business Analytics

Business Analytics courses will introduce you to a popular and diverse profession. A business analyst is a specialist in many IT fields as well as in ...

Who should attend

This introductory level program is ideal for middle and upper managers, analysts, project leaders, and others who would like to gain an overview of the concepts and capabilities of business analytics.

About the course

Use data-driven approaches to promote productivity and growth

Designed for managers with limited exposure to analytics, this program describes the use of descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics to solve business problems and improve organizational decision making. Learn analytics best practices used by the world’s top companies to develop opportunities for innovation and growth. Gain hands-on experience working with Excel tools for obtaining analytics-based solutions.

Benefits for you

  • Understand what analytics is, how it is applied across diverse industries, and how it can be applied to your organization
  • Learn how analytics can generate new business insights and opportunities
  • See how analytics can mitigate risk, uncertainty and process variability
  • Identify challenges in developing analytics strategies
  • Experience how spreadsheet models can help solve challenging decisions

Program content

  • How analytics is transforming organizational decision making and innovation
  • Pitfalls and payoffs for business
  • Descriptive analytics: what data to collect and what it is telling you, data visualization techniques, quantifying your data, data variability, dealing with limited data
  • Predictive analytics: foreseeing what is likely to occur based on what has happened in the past, data mining to predict customer demand, deploying predictive analytics initiatives
  • Prescriptive analytics: understanding data to make better decisions, “what if” scenario analysis, minimizing process variability and the "flaw of averages," outcome optimization
  • Best-in-practice analytics methods
  • Implementation challenges and getting started

Online program format

This program is delivered online and consists of various learning formats. Approximately 50%-67% of the time will consist of live instructor-led sessions or small-group discussions, and the remaining 33%-50% will consist of individual hands-on Excel-based skills sessions with the support of the program instructors.

Experts

Tim Huh

Tim Huh is a full professor in the Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia. His current research interests include operations management, inventory control, supply chain management and dynamic pricing. He has worked with companies in the semiconductor industries, health c...

Steven Shechter

BS, Mathematics (Loyola University Chicago), MS, Operations Research (Georgia Institute of Technology), PhD, Industrial Engineering (University of Pittsburgh) Associate Professor, Operations and Logistics Division Research Interests Stochastic optimization Simulation Medical Decision Making an...

Videos and materials

Making Better Decisions With Business Analytics at Sauder School of Business

This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.


Something went wrong. We're trying to fix this error.

Thank you

Someone from the Coursalytics team will be in touch with you soon.

Disclaimer

Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with any business school or university.

Full disclaimer.

Read more about Business Analytics

What will you learn from Business Analytics courses? First of all, you will learn about the profession of a business analyst, his duties, and what such a specialist does. You will get various soft skills, such as organizing teamwork, for example, acc...

Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.

We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.