Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for railways engineers and qualified technicians.
About the course
The maintenance management and philosophy related to railways are very important topics to discuss. The maintenance of such systems has many rules and procedures to be obeyed. The asset management is a vital issue as well. The participation of the participants will be the core of this short course for the sake of improving their skills in the best way.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Deeply understand the basic and advanced levels that are being used in maintenance management systems in railways and also the asset management issue associated with the railways field
- Enumerate the different types of railways
- Practice manual maintenance of railways, adjustment and renewal of track
- Survey works supporting track maintenance
- Implement railway assets management
- Introduction to Railways
- Railway Assets
- Maintenance Management
- Welding of Railway Track and Turnouts and Releasing of Stresses
- Continuous Welded Rails (CWR)
- Different Kinds of Rail Welding
- Procedures Followed to Avoid Track Buckling during Welding of Rails
- Releasing of Stresses during Rail Welding
- Dressing of Railway Track during Low & High Temperatures
- Realignment of Railway Track after Buckling
- Welding of Turnouts
- Maintenance and Renewal of Railway Track
- Inspection of Railway Track
- Manual Maintenance of Track and Turnouts
- Adjustment of Track Gage
- Mechanical Maintenance of Track
- Renewal of Track
- Surveying Works Supporting Track Maintenance
- Railway Assets Management
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.