Who should attend
This program is designed for anyone in a management role, including those new to managing within virtual / work-from-home settings, as well as leaders hoping to boost performance within established virtual teams.
About the course
In the initial stages following the onset of COVID-19, productivity reached unprecedented highs in many organizations, buoyed by a banding together in the face of massive challenges. As the months drag on, however, maintaining engagement and motivation will become a primary challenge for leaders.
In this half-day session, leaders will learn practical techniques to keep people motivated through the troughs.
In this program you will learn:
- How to predict the emotions of team members in the months to come
- To identify and tap into the drivers of motivation under pressure
- Methods of transforming negative emotion into productive effort
- Ways to foster strong relationships in remote settings
- How to inspire through the creation of shared purpose
You’ll leave with a clear sense of what you can do to keep people energized, resilient, and motivated through a challenging period, and with a practical plan for putting those strategies into play.
This program will help you become a more effective leader through tough times. You’ll gain:
- An appreciation of how prolonged uncertainty and pressure impacts motivation
- A better understanding of the core drivers of motivation and engagement under pressure
- A new repertoire of skills to inspire and motivate others when the going gets tough
- A reputation as a leader who is skillful in times of crisis
Organizations will benefit from facilitating their leaders’ development. They will see:
- Higher productivity in the midst of challenging times
- Fewer team members falling into the trap of disillusionment under pressure
- More engaged and committed teams
- Greater resilience and recovery from setbacks
The program covers the following curriculum:
- The emotional state of your team will evolve as we move through the coming months
- The four main drivers of motivation under pressure - growth, progress, connection and contribution – and how to tap into them
- How to help employees process negative emotion and channel it into productive effort
- How to foster relationships that build a sense of community and esprit de corps remotely
- How great leaders establish shared purpose to inspire teams through challenging periods
Dane Jensen is an expert on strategy and leadership, and a furious cross-pollinator between the podium and boardroom. As Performance Coaching's CEO, he advises other CEOs and Senior Leaders in both sport and business, and is a regular contributor to The Globe and Mail on the topics of strategy an...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.