About the course
The value-based purchasing (VBP) model has changed health care, and this course provides practical takeaways that physician leaders can use to master the inherent challenges.
- The possibilities and pitfalls of Health IT (and how to maximize its value)
- Improving quality of service while decreasing cost
- The requirements of Medicare Access and CHIP
- Reauthorization Act (MACRA) that affect all physicians
- Comparing the value-based purchasing model against the perceived change and chaos of the health care industry
- Assess how the MACRA law will require physicians to become more integrated within the health care system, even those who chose to remain independent financially.
- Evaluate how HIT is interconnected with all facets of MACRA, in particular, and value-based purchasing, in general, and how to best address issues with HIT while maximizing its value.
- Recognize the resilience of value-based purchasing over time as an avenue to deal better with resistance to change and perceived chaos in the health care industry.
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity's post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.