Who should attend
Intermediate - Suitable for people who are involved in design, marketing, product or project management, communication, visual merchandising, and also entrepreneurs.
About the course
This luxury fashion brand management course comprises an in-depth study of the luxury world, including ready-to-wear, haute couture, accessories and licensed products. As well as studying the design of these collections you will also explore the communication management aspects. Through the analysis of contemporary fashion companies, you will be introduced to the latest theories and their practical applications in luxury brand management.
The course has been designed and is taught by Dr Pascal Portanier, PhD in Luxury Brand Management, a worldwide expert in the field.
Pascal has an extensive academic background combined with 20 years experience in marketing and design for luxury brands, such as Lagerfeld, Rodier, Rosenthal, Lancôme, L'Oréal, Clarins, Biotherm, Guinot and Dior.
The course includes:
- Luxury brand analysis and marketing strategies
- Luxury product design and development
- Trend forecasting (colours/trend books) and creative researches
- Product semiotic analysis (signs and symbols decoding)
- Packaging and luxury display strategies
- Luxury windows and fashion exhibition shows
- Production techniques, cost study and selling price
- Consumer analysis theories
- Luxury communication strategies, budgets and theories
- Advertisement analysis and decoding
- Web site analysis and evaluation
- Case studies of fashion brands including: Zadig & Voltaire, Viktor & Rolf, Christian Louboutin, Shangai Tang
You will undertake a group project for a luxury brand, including the design of a new product and the relevant marketing strategy.
- Course content: 16 hours
- Group project: 11 hours
- Project presentations & conclusion: 3 hours
Pascal Portanier has worked for 20 years as designer for luxury brands : Karl Lagerfeld, Rodier, Lancôme, Clarins, Guinot, Rosenthal. During his carreer, he has created scarves collections, textile prints, packagings, logo, luxury stands, displays and diverse licence products. Studying design a...
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.