Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This programme is designed for LGBTQ+ leaders who are preparing to take on a bigger leadership role, or are looking to tackle a significant professional transition.
Attendees are members of the LGBTQ+ community with 8+ years of management experience who have recently made, or are about to make, a transition into a bigger role.
About the course
Unleash your impact as a leader, and seal your success as you make the leap to conquer bigger challenges at the top tier of your organisation. Accelerate your success by coming together with a dynamic network of leading executives across the spectrum of genders and sexual identities.
Harness your power to lead and inspire
Learn to lead and inspire through change, conquer personal and professional challenges, and drive exceptional performance at the top tier of your organisation. Explore your own leadership style, and embark on a transformational experience igniting lifelong connections with other business leaders across the spectrum of genders and sexual identities.
Good for you
- Unleash your impact as a leader by sharpening your skills, elevating your personal leadership style, and setting your vision for your future in motion.
- Take a deep-dive into a journey of self-reflection to explore your own leadership style, experiment with new approaches, and unleash your potential for growth and self-transformation.
- Learn to further develop your social network to support your goals and accelerate your success.
- Experience a diverse classroom of global leaders across the spectrum of genders and sexual identities.
- Guided by world-leading faculty and executive coaching, identify the plan of action to facilitate your growth and development as you return to work.
- Equip yourself with the best evidence to lead on diversity issues and build inclusivity within your organisation.
- Set your vision for your future in motion, guided by world-leading faculty, top executive coaches, and trailblazing research insights.
Good for your organisation
- Equip your top tier leaders with the skills to take on bigger challenges.
- Improve LGBTQ+ diversity in your leadership pipeline.
- Elevate and support LGBTQ+ role models equipped to activate change in your organisation.
- Gain unique insights from LBS faculty into the experiences of LGBTQ+ leaders across industries, which will allow you to better identify obstacles within your own organisation and fast track the creation of a truly inclusive workplace.
- Give your leaders the skills, knowledge, and confidence to lead on diversity issues in your organisation.
What you learn
- Unleash your ability to lead, drive change, and secure success at the top level in your organisation.
- Explore how your own identity shapes your personal leadership style, and the unique lens that being an LGBTQ+ leader brings. Capitalise on your individual strengths to become the leader you want to be.
- Strengthen your skills in managing high performing teams, and harness your capability to lead and inspire your people.
- Learn to lead under stress and pressure, and enhance your performance under any challenge.
- Unlock your ability to communicate powerfully, and maximise your vision and influence through unmissable personal impact.
- Gain unique insight and share experiences with business leaders from across the spectrum of genders and sexual identities, bringing diverse perspectives from around the world.
- Understand how to further build and foster your social network to propel your transition into a bigger leadership role.
- Grow your skill and confidence to tackle diversity issues within your organisation, and shape a future where inclusivity and diversity underpins business success.
How you learn
- Learn from world-class faculty, who guide you through a carefully-designed learning journey based on insights from cutting-edge research.
- Hear inspiring guest speakers who fuel your mind and broaden your network.
- Benefit from a unique learning environment with unprecedented access to a lifelong network of LGBTQ+ leaders. Your unique support and professional network starts with your learning group on the programme.
- Enter a supportive space with the freedom to experiment and apply new learning, enabling you to kick-start your vision for the future.
- Embed your impact with personalised executive coaching sessions, and get support to put change and transformation into action.
- Identify a plan of action to facilitate your growth as you return to work, with expert guidance from world-leading LBS faculty and your executive coach.
Your learning journey
Engage and connect
- Before the programme starts on campus, you will complete a range of evidence-based assessments to build self-awareness and insight.
- Engage and connect with your peers through our virtual learning platform.
Learn, challenge and explore | 4.5 days on campus
- The leader as an individual: Raise your self-awareness and understand challenges. Analyse and reflect on your strengths and weaknesses.
- Lead through any challenge: Learn how stress affects you, physically and psychologically, and develop strategies to ensure your well-being and best performance in the face of any challenge. Integrate insights through peer and executive coaching.
- Networks and organisational culture: Explore the nature of social networks and how to build and use them. Navigate organisational culture and assess your alignment with your organisation.
- Leading diversity: Understand the evidence base of what works to enhance diversity in organisations and brainstorm solutions to diversity issues you see in your organisation.
- Communicating powerfully: Gain the skills to communicate powerfully. Learn how to hear, speak and listen effectively. Continue your journey with executive coaching.
Apply and support
- After the programme embed your impact with executive coaching, and create a custom career plan. Stay connected with your peers, feel supported, and gain valuable insights as a group.
Professor of Organisational Behaviour, Chair, Organisational Behaviour Faculty BS MA (Minnesota), PhD (University of California, Berkeley) Professor Randall S. Peterson is Chair of the Organisational Behaviour Subject Area and Vice President of the School’s Campaign Committee. His current resea...
Dr Aharon Cohen-Mohliver’s research interests include corporate governance, corporate misconduct and business ethics. His research is focused on the behavioural and sociological antecedents of misconduct in financial markets. Dr Cohen-Mohliver is a reviewer for Academy of Management Journal, Org...
Professor Kathleen O’Connor conducts research around negotiation, teamwork and decision making. She has two main focuses: networks and negotiations. Areas of research include how accurately people perceive social networks in novel social situations, how negotiators’ facial features affect the qua...
Dr. Aneeta Rattans’ research interests focus on mindsets and intergroup relations (stereotyping, prejudice, and inequity). In one program of research, she studies mindsets that promote belonging, commitment, and achievement among minorities and women in the face of stereotypes and implicit bias. ...
Jill trains business people to increase their personal presence and the impact they have upon others through body language, posture and vocal work. She is a specialist dialect coach working with actors, including; Meryl Streep, Javier Bardem, Dame Vanessa Redgrave and Dame Maggie Smith. Jill stud...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.