Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Experienced HR managers and executives who want better align their HR policies across their company’s supply chain/ecosystem.
- Business leaders who want to capture the opportunities of consistent people practices across the supply chain (and avoid the risks of ‘non management’.
About the course
You understand that there are significantly more ‘human resources’ than employees. Every company is part of an ecosystem that consists of suppliers, distributors, agencies, intermediaries and more. All of them are managed and operated by humans who directly or indirectly add value to your business.
These are the people driving delivery vans. Checking the quality of the components at subcontractors. Answering customer questions in a remote contact centre. Developing software patches for your e-commerce platform.
Closely managing these ‘third-party assets’ can add value and reduce risk.
By making sure that the people in across your ecosystem are willing, skilled and able to support your company’s goals, you’ll get access to better quality work and valuable innovations. Inversely, by not addressing bad labour conditions or even employee satisfaction at a supply chain partner, your business may be in for a future bad surprise.
This programme shows you how to align HR practices across your human ecosystem. Through a case-based approach, you’ll learn:
- the role of HR in your company’s human ecosystem.
- how to map the human ecosystem for your business.
- how to assess the alignment of HR policies & practices across your supply chain.
- how to introduce the idea of an HR ecosystem programme to internal stakeholders.
- some practical quick wins that generate for your company.
How will you benefit?
After taking this programme, you will be more able to:
- Appreciate the impact of the total human ecosystem on the results of your business
- Identify opportunities and risks in the human resource practices across your supply chain,
- Initiate a programme to harmonise HR practices across your ecosystem
- Deliver some practical ‘quick wins’ to your business
What will you learn and practice?
This 4-session programme is highly interactive. It introduces a practical framework for action which you will learn by applying to your own organization.
HR and the human ecosystem
- Your business is bigger than you think. Scoping the human ecosystem.
- Why HR should get involved with ‘third party’ employees?
- Challenges and opportunities in eco-system HR.
Mapping the human ecosystem
- The Human Ecosystem Canvas.
- Case: The Online Retail Company.
- Application: Map your own company’s human ecosystem.
- Group discussion: Map your own company’s human ecosystem.
- Prioritize where (not) to get involved in the ecosystem.
- Starting the ecosystem HR conversation in your company.
Assessing the state of your human ecosystem
- The Human Ecosystem Scan – how aligned are ecosystem HR policies, mindsets, labour conditions, … aligned to your company’s objectives and values.
- Case: The COMPANY CASE (based on ecosystem scan above).
- Application: Trying out the Human Ecosystem Scan with one partner.
- Group discussion: Trying out the Human Ecosystem Scan with one partner.
- Working with ecosystem partners to co-create a roadmap for alignment.
- Practical challenges and opportunities to consider when getting started.
From concept to action
- Elements of an Ecosystem HR action plan (from vision to practicality).
- Introducing your Ecosystem HR plans to internal stakeholders.
- Application: Testing the HR ecosystem waters.
- You cannot do it all: identify your first win.
- Getting started: Your personal action plan.
Practical quick wins
- Help your purchasing department select vendor teams with compatible culture/personalities.
- Set up an HR ecosystem platform for knowledge sharing and economies of scale.
- Set up an employee mobility programme across ecosystem partners.
PRE AND POST SELF ASSESSMENT
To truly tailor your experience and ensure you’ll get maximum value of any new insights, the programme’s content will be reenforced with two self-assessments:
- Before the first programme session, you’ll identify how your business manages its human ecosystem today.
- At the end of the programme, you’ll describe (identify) how you would like your company to operate in the future, creating a roadmap for change.
Combined with the contents of the programme, these two measurements give you a first starting point and a roadmap to measurably improve the value contribution of your human ecosystem.
- For those interested, two optional implementation reviews can be organised to discuss progress and longer-term achievements (which can be part of a third measurement which compares your desired future with your current reality).
- MCE experts can provide personalised coaching to help you apply the insights and frameworks from the programme in your business.
- A customised version of the programme can be delivered to inspire your HR teams or help them develop and implement an ecosystem HR programme.
- In case you want truly in-depth support, our specialists and trusted partners are available to provide hands-on assistance in conducting an HR Ecosystem Scan, setting up an Ecosystem HR programme or capturing some of the quick wins discussed in the programme.
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.