Who should attend
No prior knowledge or understanding of human capital metrics is required. This course introduces you to Human Capital Metrics and enables you to develop knowledge, skills and understanding in this area.
Successful human capital analytics requires collaboration and cooperation between many parts of the organisation, so this course is suitable for:
- HR personnel: generalists, training and development, talent management, organisational development, and workforce planning analysts
- Financial stakeholders wishing to quantify the potential value of their workforces
- Strategic planners seeking to align market and environmental needs with required workforce capability
- IT specialists responsible for implementing the technologies underpinning their organisation’s analytics initiatives.
About the course
Employee salaries and HR programmes frequently account for close to half of many organisations operating expenses. One reason for this high level of investment is the recognition that people are the ultimate source of innovation and competitive advantage. In order to leverage maximum employee value and potential, many leading organisations are turning to human capital analytics to gain a deeper understanding of their workforces, and improve the quality and credibility of HR decision-making.
This two-day programme provides an in-depth introduction to HR analytics and enables you to develop the skills to initiate a human capital analytics journey by providing tools and methods for linking HR and business strategies, demonstrating the credibility of HR, improving talent management processes and more.
Key learning outcomes
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Gain a deeper understanding of human capital analytics
- Leverage HR analytics to make evidence-based workforce decisions
- Implement human capital analytics initiatives
- Assess an organisation's readiness to implement those
- Understand the importance of HR analytics as an evidence-based decision-making tool
- Measure the value of a learning and development programme
LIVE VIRTUAL CLASS 1: Adopting an analytics mindset
Day one provides participants with the background knowledge required for successful implementation of human capital analytics projects.
- Introduction and course overview
- State-of-the-art analytics: where are we today?
- The value of human capital:
- Why it is key to assign financial values to both your workforce and HR activities
- The concept of people (rather than technology or capital) as the last refuge of competitive advantage
- The fundamental human capital mindset: how to view employees as assets rather than expenses.
- The organisational costs and risks of miscalculating employee value.
- Five organisational strategies for investing in human capital metrics
LIVE VIRTUAL CLASS 2: Implementing HC analytics
Having examined the importance of human capital analytics, day two presents participants with practical approaches for using and implementing analytics initiatives in their organisations.
- Measuring the impact of HR strategy and investments
- Accountability of the new HR
- The structure of an individual human capital projects
This topic provides a methodology for structuring “one-off” human capital projects including alignment with business strategy and building the business case.
- Embedding human capital analytics in your organization
This topic provides a methodology for achieving this including the roles, capabilities and structures required for maximising analytics effectiveness.
- Assessing your organisation's readiness for human capital analytics initiatives
Because every organisation is unique, it must therefore tailor its analytics programmes to both its culture and analytical maturity to ensure success. This topic provides participants with tools and techniques for assessing their own organisations in this light.
Frederik is a hands-on Human Capital & Organisation Transformation Executive with a focus on Organisation Design, Development, strategic workforce planning, Operations, corporate performance & Transformation. He blends 20 years’ expertise providing a human-centred, design-based approach...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.