Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with CIPD.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Gain a deeper understanding of your workforce and improve the quality and credibility of HR organisational insight and decision-making, with this two day course.
Employee salaries and HR programmes frequently account for close to half of many organisations operating expenses. One reason for this high level of investment is the recognition that people are the ultimate source of innovation and competitive advantage. In order to leverage maximum employee value and potential, many leading organisations are turning to human capital analytics to gain a deeper understanding of their workforces, and improve the quality and credibility of HR decision-making.
This two-day programme run by leading HR analytics experts provides an in-depth introduction to HR analytics and enables you to develop the skills to initiate a human capital analytics journey by providing tools and methods for:
- Linking HR and business strategies
- Assessing organisational readiness for analytics initiatives
- Building the business case for analytics
- Demonstrating the credibility and value added by HR
- Using analytical insights to improve talent management processes
- Defining the roles, capabilities, and structures required to maximise analytics effectiveness.
No prior knowledge or understanding of HR analytics is required. And, with group sizes fo no more than 16, you'll be able to interact with like-minded colleagues from a range of organisations, and focus on developing your own knowledge, skills and understanding in this area. The small group size also allows you to focus on your business, and understand the steps you can take to embed analytics in your workplace. By the end of the course, you'll be in the position to initiate a human capital metrics journey that will help to improve the quality and credibility of your HR decision-making through HR data, metrics and analytics.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- articulate the value of HR Analytics in supporting evidence-based decision-making and evaluation of HR investments
- describe the key steps in an effective HR Analytics programme from framing the questions for analysis to reporting the results of the analysis
- describe how leading organisations have successfully started the journey to effectively implement an HR Analytics function
- describe tangible examples of how HR Analytics has been used effectively by organisations including the optimisation of HR investments
- reflect on where you are on the analytics journey and how to leverage analytics in support of your HR function and wider organisation.
Day one provides participants with the background knowledge required for successful implementation of human capital analytics projects.
A Context for People Analytics
- Evidence based
- Levels of maturity and people data
- A framework for people analytics
The Root Cause and Analysis of Workforce Issues
- Workforce issues in organisations
- Staff turnover
Evaluating the Success of HR Processes
- Focus on HR process and function
- Effectiveness and efficiency metrics
- Considering outcomes
Analysing Investments in People
- People investments and Human Capital
- Understanding the chain of impact
- A process for analysing ROI
Day Two: Implementing HC analytics
Having examined the importance of human capital analytics, day two presents participants with practical approaches for using and implementing analytics initiatives in their organisations.
Testing for Correlations (Challenging Assumptions)
- Confounding examples
- Plausible relationships
- Example assumptions - workforce instability
Structuring an Investigation
- Creating a framework for linking issues and metrics
- Worked example
- Prioritising metrics
Strategic Workforce Planning
- Strategic analysis
- Environmental scanning
- Job role segmentation
- The impact steps can make
- Choosing to go tactical or strategic
- Organisation’s analytics skills sets
Who should attend
No prior knowledge or understanding of HR analytics is required. This course introduces you to People Analytics and enables you to develop knowledge, skills and understanding in this area..
Successful analytics requires collaboration and cooperation between many parts of the organisation, so this course is suitable for:
- HR: generalists, learning and development, talent management, organisational development, and workforce planning analysts
- Financial stakeholders wishing to quantify the potential value of their workforces
- Strategic planners seeking to align market and environmental needs with required workforce capability
- IT specialists responsible for implementing the technologies underpinning their organisation’s analytics initiatives.
Trust the experts
Founder of Workforce Dimensions Limited - Advisory Consulting and Educational Services CIPD Strategic Advisor - Designing and Delivering Educational Content in respect of HR Analytics An experienced consultant, practitioner and educator in the field of workforce reporting, metrics, analytics an...