Lessons Learned From the Shark Tank: Starting, Growing, and Selling a Successful Business
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Fordham University.Full disclaimer.
Participants will gain a strengthened understanding of where their idea or venture is headed next—and how to take it there. It’s possible to go from a concept to a business of value in five weeks.
This course does not provide a generic roadmap to success. It allows people to create an individualized pathway for their business.
Entrepreneurs with big plans, small-business owners trying to break even, and company executives who want to reach a higher level all will find value in this experience.
Topics and lessons
- Planning and execution, employee management, financing, valuations, stock, and franchising
- Candid stories from guest speakers who can communicate real-world advantage
- Course resources selected to illustrate aspects of starting, running, and selling a business
- Opportunity to complete and be evaluated on five short projects on either selected readings or assigned cases
- Class meeting with Barbara Corcoran, angel investor for ABC’s Shark Tank
- Light snacks, water, and coffee during course meetings and an end-of-course dinner at Miguel Gonzalez’s home
- Upon conclusion of the program, participants will receive a certificate of completion from the Gabelli School of Business
Who should attend
- Corporate executives—CEOs, CFOs, human resource managers
- Small-business owners
- Entrepreneurs looking to start a business