Who should attend
- Executives, managers and staff - The workshop is aimed at public sector, local government and not-for-profit executives, managers and anyone who wants to boost their confidence, develop an authentic and effective communication style, and better impact and influence people.
This workshop gets at the core of what blocks you from communicating at your best. It tackles fears, and challenges you to tap into your strengths. This course will give you the skills and confidence to hold your space and speak persuasively.
About the course
It can be difficult to learn how to communicate with impact and influence. Developing a communication style to authentically represent who we are and what we are trying to achieve is not a given. In fact, in a drive to be a professional, we often mask our individuality and obscure our authenticity. The goal of this workshop is to help you develop an effective communication style that will help you be more impactful and influential at various levels and situations.
In this one-day course, Dr Zina O’Leary will share best practice communication strategies to help you to communicate with impact and influence. The program involves discussion, small group work, role plays and individual practice.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- understand why you sometimes feel like an imposter and how to move beyond it
- think and communicate with purpose, clarity, and focus
- use body, voice and language for maximum impact
- manage verbal attacks without becoming defensive or aggressive.
What will you learn?
- the importance of developing an impactful communication style
- how to overcome imposter syndrome and own your space
- verbal defence without being defensive
- how to become more resilient
- conveying presence with body, voice and language,
Dr Zina O’Leary is currently an adjunct senior lecturer at UNSW and an ANZSOG Senior Fellow. Previously, Zina was senior lecturer and the Workplace Integrated Learning Coordinator at the University of Sydney Business School. Dr Dr O'Leary was awarded her PhD as a US National Science Foundation ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.